Muller Militaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muller Militaria

Many members here will already know of Tony Yeomans, who trades as Muller Militaria and offers a wide range of high quality copies of award cases for Third Reich decorations.

http://www.militaria-uk.com/

Tony's products are marketed for what they are, copies, and at very affordable prices. Most of us of course will in general terms consider fakes abhorrent, but these cases offer a good way to safely store or display original pieces, especially for particularly rare awards where the original case may be evern more difficult to obtain than the award itself. I know that a number of forum members buy from Tony for exactly this purpose.

Personally, I have found Tony's cases excellent for storing and displaying high quality early 1957 pieces too. Before going over to cheap plastic cases, many manufacturers of 1957 awards used up stocks of original wartime cases, so wartime pattern cases are valid for 1957 awards too.

What some may not know however, is that Tony will also make top quality display cases to your own specification and can also carry out expert repairs to original cases. I'd have no hesitation in recommending him.

Cases

Ill second that !

Chris

(looking for early K & Q RK)

Comment

If these cases are so good, i do hope that there is some easy way of knowing/detecting that they are one of Mr Yeomans, cases, Genuine cases are getting so expensive now.

lee.

Comment

Tony has made several custom cases for me. His work is superb, but very easy to distinguish from original. The two cases I have are true to the original in appearance, construction method etc, but are actually of a heavier, better quality than the real thing! Tony also uses modern materials, which are a dead giveaway if you have handled a few originals. Here is one of his cases that I had made for an RK/OL set (which is real ) The case is his "DKiG" case, minus the gold border and with a custom cut out for the RK vice the pin slot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Does anyone know if his RK cases are accurate in dimensions, or narrower like the typical reproductions?
            Thank you!
            Roy

Comment

Tony's cases are visually accurate, but they are not made to deceive and the use of modern materials makes them detectable as Andy points out. Like the idea of the DK case converted for the RK Andy !

Actually Tony does the case for the RK of the KVK though it is not advertised on his site. The size of this case is perfect for accepting three RKs, and I've been thinking of having one converted, like Andy, to accept the 1957 RK, RK with Oaks and RK with Oaks /Swords.

Tony did have the narrower RK cases with outer carton, but e.mail him and ask, he may well have the correct size as well.

The other RK cases you see around today or predominantly from Liebernecht & Schurg, the original manufacturer ( who are on line and have a web-site)who still make them. Personally, I think Tony's stuff I've seen is generally better quality than what I have seen of theirs, which links back to what Andy said about Tony's stuff being heavier and better quality than the originals..

Comment

Tony's cases a very well made and tough too, therefore ideal for carrying expensive pieces, for example, when travelling to meet up with collectors. Turning up with a cased award will always look better and easier to handle than pulling out your $2000.00 medal from a tupperware box borrowed from the wife. (yep, I've done that before!)

Like anything in this game you have know exactly what an original looks like else I guess you could be fooled by one if someone has aged and stopped it from reacting to UV light. ( a test often used by collectors to look for modern materials.)

Ps..Good marketing Gordon, it worked on me...I think I'll have to go buy cases for my poor caseless Fallshirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres and DKiG...or perhaps someone has real ones I could buy ?
                Last edited by Steve T; 12-01-2002, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know what's happened to Tony's website?
                  www.militaria-uk.com
                  It seems to have disappeared.
                  He's not responding to email either, so I suspect a server crash.
                  Thanks!
                  Roy

Comment

Muller Militaria

In reply to Roy I seem to have problem with server only just noticed have been very busy with main business producing cases for jewellery for christmas. Best wishes to you all
                    and kind regards Tony

Comment

sounds great,every badge/medal cased.i have some cased items and it looks more organized,i always tried to find something for my lose items (even if they originally didn't come in a case)

thank you for the link Gordon.as soon a the site is running again i'll take a visit

Richard van Kempen

Comment

muller militaria

Message to anyone trying to find my site server problem resolved and back on line thank you for your patience. If you have any special requirements please send me details
                        lind regards Tony

Comment

SUPERB!

I just received my first case from Tony Yeomans. The quality and workmanship are superb! I'd highly recommend this source to anyone.
                          Thanks for the lead, Gordon!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X