Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual KC pattern on period photos

Hello
    I was looking in my copy of Schneider's "Their Honor was loyalty" and I especially noticed 2 photos of KC holders which might be interesting to study since both of them are seemingly shown wearing "unusual" KC :
    1- Rudolf Roy (see p337 of the 2nd edition published in 1993) : it seems that Roy wears a 3/4 eyelet KC. If this is confirmed, it is very interesting since he was awarded the KC in October, 1944
    2- Waldemar Riefkogel (see p328 of the same edition) : I am not sure but his KC seems to have rounded corners (unless this is a distortion in the photo due to brightness)
    I am unfortunately unable to post scans from those ones. Should anybody have the Schneider's book, please feel free to leave some pics to share opinions about that point.
    Regards
    Denis

Could be....

Roy

Riefkogel

George
    George

Comment

EXACTLY !!!!
      Thanks very much George !
      I wait for members' comments about these photos
      Regards
      Denis

Comment

So guys !
        don't tell me nobody can give an opinion about that matter !!
        thanks by advance

Comment

Weeell....

People might not be commenting because the pictures are so grainy. But I'll give it a shot.
          Roy's RK looks like it could have the 3/4 ring, especially so when you compare his ring to Riefkogel's.
          As for Reifkogel's RK having "rounded corners," I think the picture is just too grainy to tell for sure. Other things on his uniform which I'm sure had fairly sharp corners (the pips on his collar tabs, for instance) look "rounded." The inside corners of the RK could have been sharp but just look rounded in the pic.
          Anybody else?

George
          George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X