Unidentified item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unidentified item

I have a box of medals, patches and varies items that were brought back from Germany after the war by the uncle of a friend of mine. Long story short, no one in the family wanted the items so they were given to me. I am having trouble figuring out what this item is, any ideas?
    IMG_20200624_215058614.jpg

it looks like it could maybe be related to a Stalhlelm organization or even a reunion badge or picture album decoration? Can you post a photo of the reverse?
    Regards,
    Michael H.
    Last edited by rlimike; 08-20-2020, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I took a closer photo of the front and back. I hope this helps IMG_20200820_153312505_edited-1.jpg

Comment

That - OKA stands for something .. not sure what .

Douglas

Comment

You might want to contact a moderator & have him move this thread to the Political Organizations forum .... might receive more help over there.
          Regards,
          Michael H.

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
            You might want to contact a moderator & have him move this thread to the Political Organizations forum .... might receive more help over there.
            Regards,
            Michael H.
            Yeah it might help. Someone actually moved it into this forum. I had it posted originally in a different one.

Comment

I'm thinking it is probably WW1 related ....no swas.
              Regards,
              Michael H.

Comment

There was some discussion on another forum that I belong to that it could be from WW1 for POW's. This one really has everyone stumped.

Comment

Osterreich something?

Comment

I'm a 100% sure it's a between the war's organisation but there were lot's of them . Some never made it past being fledgling organisations being over shadowed by more popular ones . It's just a guess , but looking at the symbolism , ww1 helmet and the lightening strike , mine would be some sort of veterans organisation involved in anti communist demonstrations ( street punch ups ) made famous mostly by the S.A. but there were others . Or could it be a branch or off shoot of the steel helmet organisation ? .A veterans organisation founded on the 25th of December 1918 ?

This organisation was eventually absorbed into the S.A. in 1933 . Anyway it's an interesting badge and you're lucky to have it . Personally I love items like this because of the fun in researching them . Makes our hobby all the more interesting . I hope you'll let us know about anything else you find out about it , I'm intrigued . Best regards , Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X