Two KVKs For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two KVKs For Review

First up is a First Class without Swords, no pin ever attached, and small holes to allow it to be sewn. Second is a First Class with Swords stamped 935 on the reverse and 15 on the pin. Thoughts? Rare? Value? KVK No Pin Front.JPG KVK No Pin Reverse.JPG KVK 1st WS 935 Front.jpg KVK 1st WS 935 Reverse.JPG KVK 1st WS 935 Stamps.JPG
    WAF LIFE COACH

The one w/o Swords is a Karl Gschiermeister. The one with Swords is a genuine Friedrich Orth. Never seen or heard of one made of silver, so that would need to be verified.
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Dietrich, what's the significance of the one without Swords? Sewn to a piece of cloth, then sewn to a uniform or just sewn directly? If the one with Swords is genuine, why would it need to be verified? How do I get it verified? Any ideas as to value? Sorry for the questions but I really know nothing about these.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The one w/o Swords is for sure not an award piece and also not a private purchase. This is completely irregular, but it is the original die. Orders of the Third Reich were not sewn to the uniform (unless there was a cloth version like the DK). With verification I meant the silver material. These crosses are normally either Tombak or zinc, not silver. So the stamp could be fake or the pice is very rare. I am not into values, sorry.
        B&D PUBLISHING
        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hello!

Both crosses are in Gordon Williamson's KVK book, the same pictures as here. Just an observation.

Best Regards
          Martin

Comment

That's news to me as they are my crosses, and I don't recall providing pics to him. Can you post pics?
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Yes, I can, here they are.

Best Regards
              Martin

Attached Files

Comment

Excellent, don't remember providing those pics but there they are. Thanks a lot, I'd still like to know approximate values if possible as I'm thinking of selling.
                WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

It depends a lot on if its real silver, I would have it tested, by a lead based paint inspector that has an XRF, as its 100 % non destructive. If its real silver its very rare and valuable. If its tomback or plated silver its worth whatever someone will pay. I wouldn't pay much or any over 100 US.

The KVK with the holes, is probably an unfinished factory piece, worth the same as a normal piece or less,depending on the buyer. IMO

Comment

Hello gents,

it could be that this (Viennies) KVK are post war, made by Souval? We know well, that Souval produced baged on original dies.

Regards Shaver

Comment

Thanks a lot. Regarding the XRF, would a handheld device be good? I know pawn shops use them to inspect jewelry--
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                        Thanks a lot. Regarding the XRF, would a handheld device be good? I know pawn shops use them to inspect jewelry--
                        It should work fine,I used to have one myself when I was in the inspection business. Then I would have tested it for around 50 us.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X