Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK 2nd Class w. Swords. Opinions wanted

Hello everyone,

I would like your opinions on a KVK 2nd. Class w. swords I would want your opinions on. To tell you the truth, I have it in my posession for years now and I descided to part with it. But as I was examining it closely I got the feeling it might be a fake. So I was hoping you guys could help me figuring out if it is indeed a fake or not. Here are the things I found out..
    As far as I know there should be a makers number on the ring; there isn't one present here.
    The '1939' stamping looks off to me, either the '3' is leaning a bit backwards, or the '9' is placed too high...
    The manufacturers stamp on the back of the envelope looks bogus to me, as I haven't been able to find a manufacturer with the code '62', and the manufacturer's name isn't listed among the names I found.

But again, I hope you guys can help me so I can be sure about it.

Danny

20200818_193023.jpg
    20200818_193042.jpg

20200818_193056.jpg
    20200818_193102.jpg
    20200818_193111.jpg

Hello

They do not have to be marked to be genuine original crosses.
    It says Hans Gnad Wien 62 on the envelope which is the makers name and address, his pkz number is 31.
    This cross you show is an early unmarked Rudolf Souval cross pkz number 98, so the cross and the envelope do not belong together.

Best Regards
    Martin

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help Martin!
      So you say the cross is in fact original? That would be great news! I have to admit he makers mark on the envelope was very difficult to read for me. I read the first letter as an S...

Thanks again for your information!

All the best,

Danny

Comment

Yes the cross is an original wartime Souval cross.

Best Regards
        Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X