Two EK2 that belonged to a Blue division veteran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two EK2 that belonged to a Blue division veteran

Hi guys hope you like these two crosses directly from a veteran unfortunate they are not mine yet but hopefully will convince the person who owns them and good friend of mine to sell them to me regards
    Attached Files

Hi there, is it just me or does that first cross look a little off to anyone? Would be great for someone to shed some light on this as I’m intrigued.

james m

Comment

Appreciate your comment James

Comment

Originally posted by don-zamo View Post
        Hi there, is it just me or does that first cross look a little off to anyone? Would be great for someone to shed some light on this as I’m intrigued.

james m
        It is not you James, that first cross is not an original German-made EK2.

It is a Spanish made version, which might have been manufactured between the mid 40s and the 80s. Better pictures of it would be helpful in order to determine an approximate production timeframe.
        These crosses can not be considered as fakes or reproductions, as they were not made to deceive. They were intended to be used by the veterans after having lost their awarded pieces, to have replacement crosses or just because some of them never received the actual piece or received it years after their comeback to Spain.

Comment

Thankyou so much for clearing that up, you have educated me there I had no idea the Spanish made crosses for veterans. Apologies to anyone if they thought my comment was saying it looked fake I’ve just never seen one before. Would be a lovely group to have!

Comment

Really interesting Pedro as soon as I have the opportunity I will take further pictures but really glad that you mention that it makes sense

Comment

Found this one on another forum
              Attached Files

Comment

These crosses may present a wide variety of features but be careful, they have become popular in recent times and fakers have been producing them for a number of years.

Comment

First is spanish made, second is official deutsch made

Regards
                  Jarek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X