Screw Back EKI Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw Back EKI Assistance

I tried to follow these on the Souval frame topic, but was unable to understand if the examples being shown were period examples, or post war. Anyway, I ask for your assistance on this one. Appreciate and thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

IMO Souval's cross war-time.

Regards
    Jarek

Comment

I concur. Wartime Souval.

Comment

I thought that the ones with no pedestal for the swaz. and having the dipping 3 were considered post war.

Comment

Originally posted by swjXE View Post
          I thought that the ones with no pedestal for the swaz. and having the dipping 3 were considered post war.
          Apparently that only goes for pinback Souvals.

I have to marked L/58 PB and 1 L58 SB, that's it for me when it comes to Souval.

Comment

What is confusing is that the swaz seems to be on a pedestal, but the top left arm seems to have no trace of the pedestal. Not sure now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
              What is confusing is that the swaz seems to be on a pedestal, but the top left arm seems to have no trace of the pedestal. Not sure now.
              I'm not sure either, is there anyone out there who can tell us for sure?

Comment

This cross has the dipping 3 and is missing the pedestal for the swaz.
                From everything I've read this makes it a postwar cross.

Comment

An interesting cross for sure. From what I can see it appears that the frame has the known die flaw on the upper frame of wartime crosses. Could anyone refer me to a link that says a screwback with dipping 3, and with the die flaw is a post war made cross? Good thread with teachable moment here.

Comment

Originally posted by swjXE View Post
                    This cross has the dipping 3 and is missing the pedestal for the swaz.
                    From everything I've read this makes it a postwar cross.
                    IMO you are wrong. Just because there is a pedestal does not mean that this perdestal is very pronounced, sometimes it is only marked, as in this case.
                    This is a good Souval's EK1 war-time cross

Regfards
                    Jarek
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jarek,
                      I'm happy to be wrong. I really just wanted someone to commit to the details, so what you're saying I think, is that an original should have at least some trace of a pedestal.
                      And then also must it have the dipping 3 and the bead flaw? What do you think of the theory that it must have a polished frame and frosted beading to be a proven wartime cross.
                      It looks like the only way to be certain that an EK with a Souval frame is post war is if it has the 1957 style pin.
                      Last edited by swjXE; 08-04-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X