Spange, opinion please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spange, opinion please

Hi. May I have your opinion on this spange. My guess L/11, but Im not an expert when it comes to spanges. It might be a copy, so please let me know what do you think. Thank you in advance
    Attached Files

I would buy it as an original Deumer.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole: robot fake Prinzen (24mm) spange

JC

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
          I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole: robot fake Prinzen (24mm) spange

JC
          Bummer...It looks like I would've lost few quid on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Vit67 View Post

Bummer...It looks like I would've lost few quid on this one.
            Probably more than a few my friend these prinzen spanges aint cheap...The one at left is an original Deumer, the one at right is the same copy as in the OP

Cheers

JC

Attached Files

Comment

Probably more than a few my friend these prinzen spanges aint cheap...The one at left is an original Deumer, the one at right is the same copy as in the OP

Cheers

JC
              Hi Jean-Claude
              Correct me if I am wrong, but Dumers should have 4 pins, not two?

Comment

The full size Deumer 2nd classe bar (30mm wide) does indeed have 4 pins but to the best of my knowledge the smaller prinzen 2nd class bar (25mm wide) only has 2 like the one I posted

JC
                Attached Files

Comment

The full size Deumer 2nd classe bar (30mm wide) does indeed have 4 pins but to the best of my knowledge the smaller prinzen 2nd class bar (25mm wide) only has 2 like the one I posted

JC
                  Thank you. I didn't know that. In other words, if we gave Deumer design with 4 pins but in smaller form, then it's fake?

Comment

Originally posted by Vit67 View Post

Thank you. I didn't know that. In other words, if we gave Deumer design with 4 pins but in smaller form, then it's fake?
                    Not necessarily...The only Deumer prinzens I have seen, including mine, have 2 vertical pins but I'm far from an expert and its not to say Deumer never made a 4 pin prinzen as well at some point. Hopefully an expert will cut in because I'm out of my league here but, personally, I wouldnt automatically disqualify a Deumer prinzen because it has 4 pins if everything else matches

JC

Comment

Apparently, Deumer did make a 4 prong prinzen.
                      But, the pins on the one originally posted are too long, and they are cut on the opposite angle.
                      Ralph.

Comment

Deumer made a 4-prong Prinzen.
                        I have one in my collection.

They are extremely rare though, I know about 4-5 max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X