Maker of this EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maker of this EK2

Not 100% who made this EK, but likely Walter & Henlein, IMO. Would like to hear some honed opinions. The core is a "rattler", and quite a few die flaws on the beaded edges.
    Attached Files

Sorry to say but fake ,frame half traces from the rubber moulding .you can see them clearly on the top left arm of the cross (small round balls)

Comment

IMO, W&H (=109) with "#" type of frame.
      Attached a small ring (jump ring) to the frame on the reverse side could be repaired.
      The core of the cross is also badly knocked out, but I've seen such specimens from this manufacturer, especially from the end of the war.

Regards
      Jarek

Comment

Nope, not a repair to the jump ring, on the backside. However, the core having a lower set date, and rattling in the frame, points to a more hastily made cross. The die flaws are another indicator IMO. Not to many of these types floating around, but let's hear more opinions. I'm in agreement with Jarek so far on the maker. There is more "patina" on the backside.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Panzercracker; 07-07-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I agree with Jarek as well. These have been posted up in the past here on the forum. A good example that many will dismiss as a fake.

Chet
          Zinc stinks!

Comment

How about rarity? Don't recall seeing a Henlein EK2 with die flaws at all 4 corners? Must be a later production for it to have done that. Maybe rarer than a "14" Lauer cross. Maybe Bunker issued in the final days? Any more thoughts?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X