EK1 Spange ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Spange ID

9AC83101-6180-45A9-A074-E87B3200D8A2_1_201_a.jpeg Would you guys take a look at this for me plea D6B9CAC0-3487-40BB-9283-BF4789490089_1_201_a.jpeg se?

Design is 100% Deumer first type. But needle bothers me a lot. Also on the wings traces of the cast. Poor details on the wreath. Let's see what more experienced people will say about that.

Comment

I noticed the poor finishing on the Obverse right wing. The needle pin has given me grounds for concern, replacement maybe?

It is a heavily worn piece on the reverse, I'll enclose a photo later.

Comment

The heavily worn rear. It maybe of interest but I've had this in my collection since the mid 90's, maybe not. 2700AD8C-8777-43FF-A4CD-F117B40E4343_1_201_a.jpeg

Comment

I see evidence of cast all over. But once again i may be wrong. I am just practicing with idiyng items. Really would love to hear opinions of experienced experts.

Comment

Nick,
            I'm no expert, but just look at the lack of detail to the whole thing and that should be enough. It may partially be the photos, but the talons have no lines and the pebbling is so weak it hardly appears to be there. The clearer shot of the rear should seal it as it shows obvious casting defects as well as a material that looks like a some funky type of metal mix I've never seen before.To me it looks like some of the copies that were out already when I first started collecting in '91. I believe I may have bought one like it from Manion's back in the day. It was money wasted but good learning.
            Dale

Comment

Thanks Guys. I bought it in the mid 90s so maybe that's it.

Nick.

Comment

It is a old time fake that has been around for years compare to an orig. and you will see.

Dennis J

Comment

Looks good but isn't. This copy was clearly based on the Deumer design!
                  Kind regards,
                  Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Yeah, I've had to come to terms with that. It's been with me sitting pretty in my EK collection for about 25 years. I guess its a bit like finding out your adopted, or something.

Thanks to all for your input. I've just posted a PAB I've also had for ages, be nice..please.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X