Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reference Points For Identification Dk Repro

HI to all,

It's always important for every collector have reference points for identification a DK repro.

every maker of this decoration has his "reference copy" done time by time, where we can look his mistakes.

I want to thank Gordon W. that he has done a perfect reference point for identification S&L's DK in a precedent thread - I take his quote for people haven't read it because is too much important:

-"Postwar, S&L did make some restrikes using wartime components so all the above characteristics are correct. Finnishing however isn't so goo. On the postwar pieces I have seen, the inner dark sunburst has a chemically blued rather than blackened effect, the backing disc to the swastika is shiny and lacks the matt finish, the gold wreath is far too shiny, the pin edges are raw and the hollow rivets usually show brass and are crudely done (originals show silver and are very neat) "-

for write points of reference of fake DK need a special section of this forum but we can summarily express our secret points here for help us ourselves.

I thought each of us, besides the points of reference underlined by the experts, we have personal reference points.

My personal points of reference of a large production of DK that is now in all markets from some years ( besides the rules of construction of the original ones not respected) are :

- gold wreath is a yellow lemon light colour not polish

- disc backing to the swastika looks paint a dirty white colour

but these are not a rule for every DK.

following are some DK for sale with these characteristic.

I invite whoever has some points of reference to expose them in this thread, for learning better the weak points of fakes.

Ivan
    Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Attached Files

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Hello Ivan

Have you read this excellent article on the Wehrmacht main website? Also covers fakes.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/germ...cross_main.htm

Regards
      Dez

Comment

Yes, I have seen it but I would know your "secret points" that you look for.

Ivan

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X