German Cross in Gold Steinhauer & Lueck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the archives and found some good information, but unfortunately there were no photographs up and running on the subject. Links were dead.

What I need is for someone to post some nice and clear detail photographs showing both wartime Steinhauer & Lueck German Cross (DK) in Gold and post war Steinhauer & Lueck that has been made to deceive. Also some good points on how to tell a Post War one from a wartime one.

Thanks in advance

fpetri

Floyd,

I got the images you sent me. The piece has all the correct characteristics for a wartime S&L piece. Pin, hinge, clip, rivets etc are all textbook, but these S&L pieces are always tricky. I have no particulary reason to doubt your piece though, certainly looks ok.
    Postwar, S&L did make some restrikes using wartime components so all the above characteristics are correct. Finnishing however isn't so goo. On the postwar pieces I have seen, the inner dark sunburst has a chemically blued rather than blackened effect, the backing disc to the swastika is shiny and lacks the matt finish, the gold wreath is far too shiny, the pin edges are raw and the hollow rivets usually show brass and are crudely done (originals show silver and are very neat)

Here is a postwar restrike using the original wartime parts, but poorly finnished as described above.

Comment

Thanks a whole lot Mr. Williamson. I can't believe that I have found a real one. I am very happy.

fpetri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X