Non magnetic EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non magnetic EK2

Just got this one in, compare favorably to others I have in size, weight and craftsmanship. However, the core is non magnetic, which I've read do exist. The pictures aren't the best, but what are your thoughts?
    Attached Files
    HC

Oh yes, it is 3 piece construction.
    Attached Files
    HC

Comment

Here's one (non-magnetic, three-piece construction) just like it, yes?
      Attached Files
      George

Comment

Reverse.
        Attached Files
        George

Comment

Yes, sure looks the same to me. What's the story on these George, late war zinc core? Are these "rare" to the point I should keep it in my collection, or fairly common?
          HC

Comment

I don't know if they're early or late war, or whether the core is made of zinc or something else, but these don't seem to be as common as "normal" EK 2s and I would certainly keep it in my collection for that reason.
            George

Comment

I greet.

This my non - magnetic EK . My many similar features , especially to cross George .

I greet.

Maciej G.

Comment

MG,

is your swaz off center or is that just the photo ? The 1930 looks right...
                Originally posted by Maciej G
                I greet.

This my non - magnetic EK . My many similar features , especially to cross George .

I greet.

Maciej G.

Comment

So , shift is ! In EK George also , but smaller ! The Swaz in this incident had a lot of place in centre .
                  100 % the same manufacturer .

Maciej G.

Comment

I'm not drawing comparisons here, but interesting how close the cores in these come to the "blob" fakes we've been seeing so many of lately.

Hank
                    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by hcliffe
                      Just got this one in, compare favorably to others I have in size, weight and craftsmanship. However, the core is non magnetic, which I've read do exist. The pictures aren't the best, but what are your thoughts?
                      the truth friend Harry is that without being I an iron cross expert, the medal is horrible n above fijese in the medal the curved ring of this, I number 1813 badly, the edges de la Cruz are not simetricos in the corner underneath 1939,yo not to see anything good by her.regards good

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X