Rk Kvk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rk Kvk

Deschler appears to have made two versions of the 900 "1" stamped RK KVK. There is an earlier piece with a more detailed wreath, as well as a later piece with a less detailed wreath and a few characteristic flaws on the 6 oclock arm of the cross as well as the 1939 date. The later piece is approximately 38.4 grams, while the earlier pieces are 42.3 grams. There are fakes aplenty. I was wondering two things-

1. Has anyone else noticed these tow distinct types of dechler RK KVK?

2. Has Gordon made mention of these two types in his upcoming book?

3. When is the book about KVKs in general, and the RK KVK specifically set for release?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Tom

Are you comparing here a version with swords and one without swords?
    George

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
      Are you comparing here a version with swords and one without swords?

Yup- This is the only surviving photo of a comparison of several RK KVKs with and without swords. Most of the photos are of swords directly compared to other pieces with swords. The wreaths of the pieces with and without swords are the same. I will see if I can dig up an earlier thread about this as well.

Here is the link

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=RK+KVK

I would welcome a discussion of the two different die types of the deschler RK KVK here,as it appears as though this has been a topic that has not been previously explored or discussed.
      Last edited by tom hansen; 07-20-2005, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Hello Tom,

I am given to understand that there were definitely two types of Deschlers, but beyond that I can't help.

Where's Chris Jenkins?

Comment

Thanks Roy-

This has actually never been adressed or discussed on the forum. Gordon Williamson had noted two different weights, but no mention of the different wreath styles. I have previously mentioned the wreath styles, but beyond a few posts by Lawrence Strong, there was dead silence. Please see the end of the above mentioned thread. Clearly there are two distinct types of wreaths- one late and one early.

Comment

Well, here's mine. Is it early or late?
            Attached Files
            George

Comment

Reverse.
              Attached Files
              George

Comment

Tom,

Two actual seperate die's makes sense for examples: with swords and those then without swords.
                Do you mean there are two dies respectively for each type ? That is two for swords and two dies for without swords, pertaining to an earlier variation in comparison to a later version of the same type of cross ( Either with or without swords ???)

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
                  Tom,

Two actual seperate die's makes sense for examples: with swords and those then without swords.
                  Do you mean there are two dies respectively for each type ? That is two for swords and two dies for without swords, pertaining to an earlier variation in comparison to a later version of the same type of cross ( Either with or without swords ???)

Kr

Marcus

Two separate dies for those with swords and without swords. The early pieces have a more straight margins of the scroll at the top and more detail in the wreath.

George- Do you have more detailed shots of the wreath at 12 oclock, the 1939 date, and a general more detailed wreath shot? From the photos, that looks like an earlier piece, as there is more detail in the leaves, the scroll is less flared, and there is not a "tail" on the middle horizontal stroke of the "3" in the 1939. Is this a heavier piece as well? Thanks!

Comment

Obverse. I have the weight around here somewhere. I'd rather look for it than take the cross off the ribbon to wight it again....
                    Attached Files
                    George

Comment

Reverse.
                      Attached Files
                      George

Comment

Found the weight!

33.3 g
                        George

Comment

Here are a couple with swords for comparison

Comment

another

Comment

front

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X