• Show
Clear All

Opinions on EK2 mm "11"

Front
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

From what I can make from those scans, it looks OK, to me.
      A bit bright on those pic's (says me who can't even scan any pic's yet!) could you make them a bit larger?

Regards
      Andy

Comment

Here is an attempt at a larger picture.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cross and ribbon look ok to me as well from the pic, could we see the reverse and the mark please?

Regards
          Dez

Comment

The cross looks ok to me, but the points on the arms look razor sharp, allmost filed ........not round. Or is it the scan?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Westerduin
              The cross looks ok to me, but the points on the arms look razor sharp, allmost filed ........not round. Or is it the scan?
              I think it is the scan. The cross has not been filed, but it appears a previous owner tried to polish off the patina.

The only thing about the cross that bothered me was the swazi, it is a little bit lower, when compared to all of my other EK2's.

Comment

is the maker mark "11" in typical German fashion, with no lower serif, so that it kind of looks like a 77?

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

I´ve got a EK2 that looks pretty much the same as yours. It is a cross with maker mark 85 (Julius Pletsch). It´s made of silver, and the silver is going black.

Your cross looks ok to me !!!.

Comment

Originally posted by M. Schroeder
                    is the maker mark "11" in typical German fashion, with no lower serif, so that it kind of looks like a 77?
                    Yes the maker mark does look like a 77. I compared the maker mark to the "11" on page 71, in Gordon Williamson's Iron Cross of 1939 book, and it looks the same.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X