No announcement yet.

L/11 Screwback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry ,folks....big mistake in post 24-this is not a "Deumer"....that's an L19 marked Hoffstätter.....That happens when you just read the pics name.....now it's the right pic(it's the cross with the flat catch)!
    Micha
    Last edited by Motorhead; 06-20-2005, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Let's get confused.....here's the comparison I made between an "11" maked EK1(thank you again,Mathias!) and the "L/11" without the blob...think you want to see the 9'o clock inner corner,Craig?Well,I don't want to warm up the old "Grossmann/Deumer"story,but I'm not at home so I can't use the original scanns...

Micha
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And the "1939-no blob"
              Attached Files

Comment

well motorhead,

i guess i am not the only one who believes to the theory that 11 and L/11 were both made by deumer?

Comment

Thanks Micha and Mike for your efforts. I have been looking at this for the last hour or so and I believe my cross matches the frame and also the core of Nr.1 from Micha. I know this is a little different and way too low res to be 100%, but I overlayed part of the frame mike noted as needing investigation with that of Nr.1 from Micha, played around with the opacity in photoshop and video'd it. I have uploaded it to the web and each video clip is 5MB so it will take a while to come down, but hopefully you will get something out of it. The poor quality is because I used my digital camera to take the film, which is not what it is designed to do.

Here is the 1st one with the date and the 2nd one with the corner of the frame.

Let me know if this works or not. When viewed clearly on my screen, they seem a match to me and yes Micha the picture of the inner frame near the swaz you posted was the pictures I was after. I think post #14 illustrates this.

So why do we have 3 different cores for L/11?
                  1) with the blob on both 9's
                  2) with the blob on the first 9
                  3) no blobs at all

Is the variance in cores a manufacturing defect over time? In fact are all 3 cores regarded by everyone as genuine?

Comment

Sorry Craig,the links don't work....Could you organize a scan of your L/11 screwback? I think there is much more about the "Deumers" than we think!

Yes,Stef-I belive "11" is a "Deumer" variation.....but there is much more work to do!

Micha

Comment

The links work from here, maybe it's a DNS issue.... Anyway, what pictures do you want? Any particular angles or areas, obverse, reverse?

Originally posted by Motorhead
                      Sorry Craig,the links don't work....Could you organize a scan of your L/11 screwback? I think there is much more about the "Deumers" than we think!

Yes,Stef-I belive "11" is a "Deumer" variation.....but there is much more work to do!

Micha

Comment

I hope I'm not too late to jump in on this, but I got home tonight and compared the pics of Craig's EK to three of my Deumers. I could not find any discrepancy in the details of the beading on his cross and any of mine -- except that the beading on Craig's is nowhere near as worn as that on my examples.
                        George

Comment

Thanks for your help and for having a look at your crosses George. What's your opinion on the number of different cores? I count 3 different cores so far, do you concur that they are all genuine cores?

Originally posted by George Stimson
                          I hope I'm not too late to jump in on this, but I got home tonight and compared the pics of Craig's EK to three of my Deumers. I could not find any discrepancy in the details of the beading on his cross and any of mine -- except that the beading on Craig's is nowhere near as worn as that on my examples.

Comment

different Deumers

I don't know why they couldn't all be genuine cores. (We know that Klein & Quenzer used at least two different cores on their EKs.)
                            George

Comment

George, what is the difference in the cores by K&Q, I don't want to get off the track of Deumer, but I am now wondering if there are any comparisons to be drawn?

Originally posted by George Stimson
                              I don't know why they couldn't all be genuine cores. (We know that Klein & Quenzer used at least two different cores on their EKs.)

Comment

craig, search the forum about Klein und quenzer EK and you will find loads about it...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X