No announcement yet.

L/11 Screwback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the photos are taken under different lighting conditions, however I would suggest the numerals are completely different to the numerals of that of George's picture and that taken from Philippe's L/11. Does everyone agree this cross is bad?

Comment

Hi Craig,

After seeing the additional images of the paintwork, the date comparisons, looking at the beading (eg cross hatching on the outer corners) and actually getting off my butt and examining my own beaten up Deumer, I have to agree - it does not have the characteristics of a wartime Deumer. Damn, nice silver finish for a repro!

Regards
      Mike K
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

L/11

Craig,

I get the cross together with the "Doppelabzeichen" from Assmann in case (Alu) which I sold at the e-stand!
        I´ve never seen a cross in a better condition than this one.

There is no new paint on it!!! It´s 100% original and I would take it back if you don´t feel confortable with it.

Regards,

Mathias

Comment

George thanks for the information about the blob on the 9..

Comment

But not all "Deumer" EKs have this blob!!

Micha

Comment

Micha,

Do you have a picture you can post to demonstrate this?

Originally posted by Motorhead

Micha

Comment

Originally posted by Motorhead

Micha
                Hi Micha,

I could accept that if the blob was some sort of flaw that developed with time - eg a chip off the edge of the number. Are the cores without the "blob" otherwise the same (date, swas) or different?

Is Deumer known to have used more than 1 die for their FRAMES though? I would like to know (would learn something new!). The cross-hatching on the outer corners apparent in Craig's Post#15 is not present on my Deumer example (boxed L/11 pinback).

Regards
                Mike K
                Regards
                Mike

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Here are my two "L/11" EKs.One with a flat,the other with a round hook.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Motorhead; 06-20-2005, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Nr.2
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nr.1 Date
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nr.2 Date
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your help and persistence with this, Micha and Mike, I appreciate it. I will do some photoshop comparisons tonight when I get home.

Mike, could you use photoshop or paint to illustrate what paticular cross hatching isn't on your L/11 please?

Micha, would you mind posting the pics of your L/11 that you posted on another forum here please? One in particular shows an interesting feature near the swaz, that both your cross and mine share, it would be interesting to compare them here.

A point I would like to make is the rather flat (ground) ribbing in my pic in post #15 on the far left, it looks either like a die flaw or someone has over enthusiastically fiished this piece, but I have never seen anyone hand finish a cross on this point of the cross.

One last point I would like to make is that both George's picture and Philippe's pictures show a second blob on the second 9 which is not apparent in either of Micha's pictures.

I wonder why are we looking at so many variations of the same cross?

Comment

Hi Craig,

I've attached an image as requested. Apparent weak cross-hatching on the left in red. Further, the beading on the arms does clearly not join neatly in the center to form a "V" or chevron pattern - it is disjointed. On the right, there appears to be some sort of ghosting of the beading (again in red). The feature highlighted by the blue line I can not figure out from your image. The green area on the left is simply something I have not seen before and can not really explain (maybe overzealous buffing??).

The two little pics on the bottom are from Micha's cross in Post #23 - definite cross-hatching imo.

None of the features are present on my beaten up (and beading flawed) example - which I take to be a later example. Looks like a very worn example of Micha's cross in Post#24, which is Deumer I'm used to seeing (and have had other examples of in the past).

I'd like to see the reverse of Micha's crosses. I've only seen the classic Deumer catch with semi-circular profile (round outside, flat inside) on their EK1s so far. Two catch types also sounds interesting!

Regards
                            Mike K
                            Attached Files
                            Regards
                            Mike

Comment

Here are the pics....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nr.2
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X