One that got past Detlev?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One that got past Detlev?

This War Merit Cross 1st Class w/o Swords was sold on Detlev's site this AM ... is it just me .. or does the cross look like a Floch?? Stated as L15 ...
    Attached Files

Closer view of cross:
    Attached Files

Comment

Yep, that's a Floch. I guess ya can't catch them all. I'm sure he has a large staff and someone just missed it.

Comment

100% floch

Comment

Good catch Darrell!

Comment

Floch. Needle, hinge and catch is typical Floch production.

Cheers.
            Peter

Comment

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it

Good job putting this up Darrell
              Kind regards,
              Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Originally posted by Giel
                I knew it, I knew it, I knew it

Good job putting this up Darrell
                You buy it Giel?

Comment

Detlev

Gentlemen,

I happen to know that Detlev was in Russia from last week until mid-this week. Therefore I would assume that he (personally) did not have the opportunity to vet all the pieces before they were photographed and posted. Sabine and the "crew" are all great but we can't reasonably expect them to have the vast knowledge that Detlev keeps in his head.

I am sure this understandable slip will be handled immediately as we know Detlev always does.

Regards,
                  Rich Moran

Comment

Originally posted by magprint
                    I am sure this understandable slip will be handled immediately as we know Detlev always does.

Regards,
                    Rich Moran
                    Absolutely I agree ... Hopefully the bidder reads this and / or Detlev so the piece gets held up before delivery. Detlev is very good at rectifying wrongs

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
                      Absolutely I agree ... Hopefully the bidder reads this and / or Detlev so the piece gets held up before delivery. Detlev is very good at rectifying wrongs
                      I have only had one transaction w/Detlev and it was excellent...

That being said, even if Detlev was there and it slipped by, things like this happen...you cannot catch them all or when you deal with everything like he does, you cannot "know" it all either.

Every dealer whether accidental or intended has a klinker slip by, that is just the way it is, it cannot be helped. The real measure of a good dealer is how one handles his/her mistakes.

The only transaction I had with him I had purchased a number of items and one did not end up in the box. I brought it to his attention and the item was at my door (Germany to Pennsylvania) in under a week...that is the measure of a dealer, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

I am sure this will end up OK for the buyer.
                      Last edited by George Stimson; 06-17-2005, 08:38 PM. Reason: just a little rewrite....

Comment

Originally posted by fknorr
                        That being said, even if Detlev was there and it slipped by, things like this happen...you cannot catch them all or when you deal with everything like he does, you cannot "know" it all either.
                        True,

But, if the mistakes being made are on items of rarity and large sums of money, then as a dealer, wishing to remain in high standing, he should exhaust all avenues to assure its authenticity before considering putting it up for sale.

I too have only dealt with Herr Niemann and I was happy with the transaction.

As to the comments, which I believed were edited out, about other forums, I believe it is correct to point out errors that might otherwise be over looked. We’ll never learn, and that goes for the dealers too, if the bad pieces aren’t pointed out. So, good call there Darrell!!

Cheers,
                        James

Comment

I agree. It is absolutely correct to point out mistakes. To do so is to the benefit of all -- collectors, honest dealers, everybody.
                          George

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES.M
                            True,

But, if the mistakes being made are on items of rarity and large sums of money, then as a dealer, wishing to remain in high standing, he should exhaust all avenues to assure its authenticity before considering putting it up for sale.

I too have only dealt with Herr Niemann and I was happy with the transaction.

As to the comments, which I believed were edited out, about other forums, I believe it is correct to point out errors that might otherwise be over looked. We’ll never learn, and that goes for the dealers too, if the bad pieces aren’t pointed out. So, good call there Darrell!!

Cheers,
                            James
                            If the "mistakes" being pointed out are for the good of the community, I am all for it. If the mistakes (if indeed they are mistakes) are being pointed out as part of some vendetta and not accurate, then this would not be a good thing,.

In regards to "he should exhaust all avenues to assure its authenticity before considering putting it up for sale" what avenues should one take? And should you run every piece by some so-called "expert"? Which "expert" should we use, mine or yours?

Comment

I have bought very many items from Detlev. He is efficient and "guarantees" his items. He also goes out of his way to rectify any wrongs in the past. This post was in no way intended as a slight to him as I have the utmost respect and faith in the way he does business.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X