Could it be a fake 57' RK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be a fake 57' RK?

I just found this RK while I was browsing on Ebay,as the seller stated,"A beautifully detailed copy of the German WWII Re-Issued 1957 Knights Cross." So I started to doubt about the authenticity of this cross,also the oak leaves in the middle look suspicious,unlike any one of the 57's RK I have seem(I could be wrong).any thoughts from you guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

It,s hard to tell on the photo , but i can see the oakleaves have poor details and i can't see any ribbing on the edging . I,d ask for better photo,s

Comment

Walk away from that one. It is not how genuine 1957 RK's look. The early ones made in the 60's and 70's ranged from excellent to good quality. In the 80's and 90's the quality droped. None of the genuine 1957 RK's i know about have that type of eyelet/ring. The quality look very poor to me, and nothing i have seen on any genuine 1957 RK.

Cheers.
      Peter
      Last edited by Peter Wiking; 05-29-2005, 05:47 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

It doesn't look right even if it was supposed to be a late version.

Something wrong here.

Regards ...

Comment

This seller deals with repros,they are bad long as you know what they are.

Comment

It is what the seller says it is--a copy of a '57 RK. Now that even '57 RK's are going for $300-$500 (the real early ones), it was inevitable that the copies would come out. Watch for these sold as "original variants".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X