EK1 Maker Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Maker Opinion

Hello to one and all, I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me identify this maker, I have my thoughts, taken my measurements and my weights, but am seeking a second opinion. There is no reverse shot for a reason. It will be posted soon but hopefully after this cross has had a few comments. I know I know not amazing shape and some core flaking but any maker opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Shane
    Attached Files

Closer shot at some Rim Beadding.... Me thinks mm...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airborne Nut; 05-27-2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

This reverse pic taken from Peter W's (Say the word Peter and I will pull the pic if you want, just posting a frame of reference) previous posting, a good comparison from a known maker... Any guesses as to who the maker is....

Last edited by Airborne Nut; 05-27-2005, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Looks like a W&L'er to me .... "100"

Comment

Thanks Darrel, that is exactly what I thought too, I just thought it was too good to be true. I have never seen a W&L (Of course this one is unmarked ) with the very interresting rear set-up

Originally posted by h009291
          Looks like a W&L'er to me .... "100"

Comment

Well ... here's mine .. for comparison sakes:

Obverse:
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse (straight on):
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse (slight angle showing catch and hinge):
                Attached Files

Comment

Maker Mark (under pin):
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice Darrell, very nice indeed! I hope to have such a mint W&L EK1 MM100 in my collection some day...

But for now, I will just post some pix of the reverse I guess. I must apologise that this has been somewhat of a lead on, but since I am not the only one who believes this to abe a period W&L I just wanted confirmation before I started to count my chicks.... Here goes...
                    Reverse shot....... Totally Factory.....
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Airborne Nut; 05-28-2005, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Without Screwback... as you can see no evidence of a pin and catch even exists and the screw mechanism is right as rain....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty convincing to me

You never seen a screwback 100? (Can't say I have or havent ... never really noticed before).

Comment

Nope, I haven't, that does not mean they are not out there, clearly they are, and I encourrage eveyone who has one to please post away. I for one feel very happy to have this example in my W&L Collection.

Originally posted by h009291
                          Looks pretty convincing to me

You never seen a screwback 100? (Can't say I have or havent ... never really noticed before).

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
                            Nope, I haven't, that does not mean they are not out there, clearly they are, and I encourrage eveyone who has one to please post away. I for one feel very happy to have this example in my W&L Collection.
                            Well .. if one has ever existed, ever been spotted, ever been in an EK collection ... George would be the one

Comment

Not this time, I wouldn't. This is a totally new variation for me.

Congratulations, Shane!
                              George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X