RK's and Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK's and Ebay

Has anyone ever seen a real RK for sale on Ebay? In the last year I feel I've gain a wealth of knowledge from this forum that I couldn't from all the reference material I have.

After gaining this new found knowledge I looked at all of the RK's that I saved from Ebay in the last 4-5 years (thought they were real enough) and discovered everyone that had sold were fakes.

Unless there is an ironclad provenence from Detliev or another accepted source all the RK's are suspect.

Again the question: Has there ever been a real RK on Ebay?

Yes it happened several time
    Again the question: Has there ever been a real RK on Ebay?[/QUOTE]
    Attached Files

Comment

-

Yes, I have bought two original KCs on Ebay.

Seen some more, too, but most is crap.

Comment

In my few years of perusing ebay I have seen about 3 originals and several original RK cases.
        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
        Decorations of Germany

Comment

What were the respective prices paid for those RK's?

thanks in advance
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

What about this one? Not bad....

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...535978497&rd=1

Originally posted by coastie
            Has anyone ever seen a real RK for sale on Ebay? In the last year I feel I've gain a wealth of knowledge from this forum that I couldn't from all the reference material I have.

After gaining this new found knowledge I looked at all of the RK's that I saved from Ebay in the last 4-5 years (thought they were real enough) and discovered everyone that had sold were fakes.

Unless there is an ironclad provenence from Detliev or another accepted source all the RK's are suspect.

Again the question: Has there ever been a real RK on Ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre
              Reproduction

Cheers
              Peter

Comment

It's not bad but I don't like it for one reason, which has not been explained too well is why on the 12 o'clock arm there is a rise to the edge at the ring? I have seen fakes RK's judged as fake with this rise but are dubbed fakes for other reasons.
                Last edited by coastie; 07-22-2007, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I don't like it because the die characteristics of the beading do not match those of an original juncker.

Comment

Better quality fake IMO, I don't like the look of the L/12 marking looks laser etched to me. The cross hatch is not right and the beading is wrong

Comment

This reproduction displays nicely from the front,but the reverse gives it away.
                      I'm sure others can see problems with the obverse too,but I think it is better quality that the likes of a Morigi copy.

My example that I obtained to show off my original ribbon & loop is below for comparison:

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Neil B; 05-29-2005, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Reverse.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This is the Ebay 'RK' for comparison.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Notice the date on the paperwork has a .04, that is a big red flag as nothing dated pre 45 had a 0 in the date

Comment

Guys.
                              It is not that difficult. This is a known reproduction. It is a reproduction being produced today and for sale as a reproduction by this company: http://www.thirdreich.ca/museumcopies.php
                              We have this type of reproduction in the fake gallery.

Cheers.
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X