Grand Cross??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Cross??

I have no clue......... but thought y'all would enjoy this one!

eBay-Germany
    Attached Files

Seems to me......

..... that the 1813 date is awful weak for the highest class of the '39 EK
    Attached Files

Comment

Is this the one the guy wants 10K for staring bid? with a certificate of "expertise"?

Comment

And finally.......

....... another closeup of the "expertise"!

I don't know, but you'd be hard pressed for me to spend 20K on this piece from these photos!
        Attached Files

Comment

Nope.....

15K Euro is "Buy It Now" price!

Originally posted by coastie
          Is this the one the guy wants 10K for staring bid? with a certificate of "expertise"?

Comment

But hey!

...... whaddaIknow?

No maker mark??????

"Exhibition" piece perhaps?

Comment

From the looks of it it looks like a "Lead Sled" one piece, the silvering lacks luster, smoothness, I agree about the date it looks like a Souval date.

Comment

15k and it must be real cos of the "expertis"!!!i love these "expertise" things! oh if it has one it MUST be real! here if anyone wants a "expertise" im sure i can knock one up in word in a few minets!

Comment

I always thought it was the opposite: collectors who don't care to know anything about what they collect are more interested in the written 'expertise' than in the actual object.

Bob Hritz
                  In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I think it might be the same one that was offer last week

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...531762329&rd=1

Comment

This "expertise" is from the President of the German Military Collectors Society (BDOS.) There is no way the President of the English Medal Collectors Society, the OMRS, would ever issue a formal document of verification on the letterhead of the Society.Where does this leave BDOS members if the "expertise" issued by their President is found to be false or incorrect resulting in the buyer of the item with the "expertise" being left with a fake?Would the buyer be able to take action against the BDOS and it's members? Is there some form of disclaimer on the document that states that the opinion of authenticity of the item is that of the BDOS President ONLY and NOT of the BDOS membership? We live in a free world and anybody including my cat can issue an "expertise" on anything but I do believe it is wrong that the "expertise" is on the letterhead of a highly respected Association such as the BDOS.
                      Mike

Originally posted by coastie
                      I think it might be the same one that was offer last week

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...531762329&rd=1

Comment

Same Piece Of Junk

This is the same piece of garbage I posted about a week ago whiach was listed on the US ebay with the starting bid at 10,000 us and when I approached him he removed it immediately, but I see he has now put it on the German ebay .

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...d.php?t=101353

What Nerve !!!!!!!

Joe

Originally posted by Mike Downey
                        This "expertise" is from the President of the German Military Collectors Society (BDOS.) There is no way the President of the English Medal Collectors Society, the OMRS, would ever issue a formal document of verification on the letterhead of the Society.Where does this leave BDOS members if the "expertise" issued by their President is found to be false or incorrect resulting in the buyer of the item with the "expertise" being left with a fake?Would the buyer be able to take action against the BDOS and it's members? Is there some form of disclaimer on the document that states that the opinion of authenticity of the item is that of the BDOS President ONLY and NOT of the BDOS membership? We live in a free world and anybody including my cat can issue an "expertise" on anything but I do believe it is wrong that the "expertise" is on the letterhead of a highly respected Association such as the BDOS.
                        Mike
                        Last edited by rev; 05-24-2005, 10:15 PM. Reason: add

Comment

-

Is this a joke?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X