Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK IC with Swords (on estand)

I was asked to start a thread on a cross I have on the estand:

As far as I'm concerned, this semi-broad pin is not consistent with a war-time piece. But hey, that's just me

KR
    Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J.
      As far as I'm concerned, this semi-broad pin is not consistent with a war-time piece. But hey, that's just me

KR
      Peter
      For what it's worth, mine is identical in construction to the one in this thread which drew no criticism:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...ad.php?t=72439

Brad

Comment

i would not like to have this cross in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK.
          i would not like to have this cross in my collection.
          Stefan,

I certainly welcome all opinions, but I ask for more definitive criticism than, "I don't like it." Can you offer some specific reasons?

Peter has raised a reasonable question regarding the pin style. Can anyone provide a photo of a KVK1 from this maker which they believe to be different.

Thanks,
          Brad

Comment

I've also seen these L/58 crosses with this pin attachment before.

Kai Winkler has one on his site:
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
              Attached Files

Comment

Maker Mark:
                Attached Files

Comment

The only question being, did Souval make these Post War like some of their other pieces? These sure have the distinctive '57 catch and narrow needle type devices.

Comment

Hi Brad.

I need to make a correction to my earlier response . At first I thought it was the typical semi broad pin (posted below), but both Laurence's and your's seem to be more flat (almost rectangular shape).
                    If this cross is considered pre-45, it's the first one for me with an incused L/58!
                    As for Weitze's cross, I can't really tell the numbers from that picture.
                    Another thing that makes me hesitant is the poor strike to the left of the hinge.
                    And Derryl, that's not the typical folded Souval catch

KR
                    Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J.
                      As for Weitze's cross, I can't really tell the numbers from that picture.
                      Another thing that makes me hesitant is the poor strike to the left of the hinge.
                      And Derryl, that's not the typical folded Souval catch

KR
                      Peter
                      Its actually Winkler's site ...

I was just referring to the style of the rear apparati. Very unusual for pre-1945 medals / badges.

Comment

i did not say it's a copy. i only said that i would not like to have either KVK or EK marked L/58 with that pin in my collection.

Comment

Gentlemen,

The discussion thus far has been how the pin on this cross resembles the pins on known post-war production, but I believe it should be how it differs from the pins on known wartime KVKs by the same maker.

No one has yet been able to produce a photo of a known original L/58 KVK and show how the pin on this cross differs from its pin.
                          <O
                          If you are one of those who doesn’t like this pin, PLEASE show me (and everyone else) what you think the right L/58 KVK1 pin should look like!<O</O

Thanks,
                          Brad
                          Last edited by bwanek1; 05-19-2005, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I have to ask if it has been established that Souval made KVK's under the L/58 number during the war.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1
                              No one has yet been able to produce a photo of a known original L/58 KVK and show how the pin on this cross differs from its pin.
                              <O
                              If you are one of those who doesn’t like this pin, PLEASE show me (and everyone else) what you think the right L/58 KVK1 pin should look like!<O</O

Thanks,
                              Brad
                              I dont know if anyone has said it's not original. I suppose the concensous has been in the past to pass these type of rear fixtures as postwar. That doesnt mean that yours OR Kai's are reproductions.

If there are folks out there who DO have different L/58 setups ... that would definitely shed some different light on the matter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X