Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spanish Cross in gold...

Hi,
    As this is a first-time experience handling a Spanish cross, I would really need some assistance... Please...?

The cross, marked "L/15", although the slash is very faint, has a magnificent polished gold finish to the highlights, and it seems to be very rarely worn. Are these Otto Schickle(?) crosses common...? What to look for in detailing? Weight and measurements...? The pin is more silver plated than gold plated, and in general the cross has an "almost mint"-look to it, although there are some evidence of wear and tear. But I suppose that high quality badges can maintain the appearance after 65 years... Could this actually be a good cross...?

Cheers,
    Mike G
    Attached Files
    Mikael G.

Pic 2

Attached Files
    Mikael G.

Comment

Pic 3

Attached Files
      Mikael G.

Comment

Pic 4

Attached Files
        Mikael G.

Comment

Pic 5

Attached Files
          Mikael G.

Comment

Pic 6

Attached Files
            Mikael G.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Your cross looks good to me. I have pictures of one L/15 off the forum and yours matches up to that ok. The mark on the pictures I have is weaker than yours, the missing / wouldn't worry me. Finding a mint finish on something can happen, they're obviously more rare but nice when you get one.

Alan

Comment

-

Looks OK to me. I would be VERY surprised, if this one turned up to be a fake.

Comment

Thanks, fellas...! Still hoping for the best, but as this maker has been almost non-existent in the SK discussions, there are not much references to go on... I think that the only pictures I have seen are those posted by Roman over a year ago: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=L15+spanish
                  Best wishes,
                  Mike
                  Mikael G.

Comment

Hi,

The cross looks good to me too. It seems that the maker's mark can be found at different places on the reverse (6, 9, 12 o'clock).
                    Beautiful gold wash. If you want to part of it, let me know

jacques

Comment

Lovely cross, nothing wrong with that

Comment

I own the same cross in silver, except for the MM which is located at 6.
                        Attached Files

Comment

reverse
                          Attached Files

Comment

Superb crosses by a very rare maker. Interesting that these have a catch similar to the "Petz & Lorenz"-type crosses.
                            Cheers, Frank

Comment

Great spanish crosses, both silver and gold ones...
                              congratulations

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X