Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek1 mm26 opinions pls

Hello guys/gals,
    Recently found a nice ek1 mm 26 was curious to see if it was a genuine find???
    opinions please??
    Attached Files

Reverse..
    Attached Files

Comment

My apologises for the photographs they are the only ones avalable to me at this time..

Comment

Looks ok.

Cheers.
        Peter

Comment

Hi Remerus,

Looks ok to me too, but is there black paint on the rim?

I also know the price and think that it is a lot of money.

Good luck & greetings,

Thomas

Comment

Remurus,

I bought this one and returned it. The EK is fine, but there is a lot of crap on the right arm. I did not think it warranted the price.
            Marc

Comment

Thankyou for your replies guys.
              Thomas, I did notice the dark makings in various spots around the rim too.
              Marc did you take any photos of this peice when you received it from the seller and would you consider them normal tarnishing of the metal??

Comment

Here it is:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...hlight=mint+26

Comment

Hi Marc,

Any idea what that black was riding up on the lower 6 oclock beading?

Comment

No. It does have beautiful paint. But with that level of tarnish and crap on it I do not think she rates that price. Just MHO.
                    Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Flak88
                      No. It does have beautiful paint. But with that level of tarnish and crap on it I do not think she rates that price. Just MHO.
                      Marc
                      I know where it is being sold ... I noticed that 3 oclock arm as well ... must have been one of the outer layers on the Horde bunch ?

Comment

I dont know wy but i have some black spots on my mint 26 also. Well i put that to age, it´s getting older an older and finaly this protective mystery coating off the silver frames have to fade.
                        Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by meriksson
                          I dont know wy but i have some black spots on my mint 26 also. Well i put that to age, it´s getting older an older and finaly this protective mystery coating off the silver frames have to fade.
                          Mikael
                          Where at Mikael? On the silver frame? Or on the beading?

Comment

Beautiful cross. Tarnish doesn't bother me, As these things age, the coating flakes off and air gets to the silver. I don't know what you paid--that's your business.

Comment

Thankyou very much everyone, Think i'll have to ponder on this item a little longer the price is too high in my opinion i have to admit i would have paid $100 more than the going price if it were infact mint.
                              oh well on my search for a minty cross again i go....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X