The Spanish Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spanish Cross

First up: At the moment, my favorite Spanish Cross. Let the auction tell the tale of this Spanish Cross in Gold without Swords.

REFERENCEs: Detlev Niemann in 'Price Guide. Orders and decorations Germany' 2004, page 446 and Jorg Nimmergut in 'Deutchland Katalog' 2005/2006, page 508 does not have this unique gold Cross without swords.
    We founded this cross only in Lothar Hartung catalogue 'Auszeichnungen des 3. Reiches', Spezialkatalog 2001/2002, item #4/1, catalogue price 6000 DM (in 2000 year!! Today is 2019), almost in three times more expensive then gold cross with swords!! You can see the scan of this catalogue on the screenshots. Please note: last image is for sample only. Selling on consignment.
    ESTIMATE PRICE: $5000 - $6000.

Detlev did NOT include this type in HIS reference but this really smart seller DID find it in the Hartung catalogue! Well good on him.
    Attached Files

A cased beauty.

Spanish Crosses could fill a book, a waste of paper so here you go.
    Attached Files

Comment

With a Spanish document! Really nice, lends serious authenticity. Sort self-authenticated as another famous dealer once uttered.
      Attached Files

Comment

CEJ, Juncker, with a Spanish stamp application. More examples now have double stamp overs to obscure the CEJ.
        Attached Files

Comment

I thoroughly recommend you go to Affiliated Auctions at any time and search for Spanish Cross. The absolute best reference for the Spanish Cross, 24x7.

Comment

Brian S., seeing a "Spanish Cross" thread started by you, and given the examples shown, I assume you are using the term as a pejorative, yes?.

Comment

Well said Scott!

Comment

Is this a Spain Cross converted to a Spanish Cross or a period done conversion??? Not the typical wear copy and at fifteen thousand pre commission start price, maybe something to think about before you run your Amex thru.

Or is discussing a HH item out of the question.
                Attached Files

Comment

It often makes me wonder why some are so bent out of shape

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                    It often makes me wonder why some are so bent out of shape

Oh... You mean the CROSS is bent... My mistake...
                    Last edited by Brian S; 05-21-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The corners of the arms. They are often bent out of shape, always towards the outside. Why?

But thank you for calling me a troll, a trouble maker, and reporting my post.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                        The corners of the arms. They are often bent out of shape, always towards the outside. Why?

But thank you for calling me a troll, a trouble maker, and reporting my post.

I thought you were attacking the thread. My mistake. All too often posters make personal comments. Especially when about Spain versus Spanish Cross.

I don't know why unless they were dropped. Makes no sense to bend them. They catch on uniform. They have a vertical pin so they don't rotate. No clue.

There was evidence of many marchers getting their awards having them fall off their uniforms in the big Berlin parade. Perhaps this keeps them more secure to the uniform? They are heavy.

In fact, so many lost awards, a group was following behind the parade to gather up the lost crosses. So documented but that's just a guess.

Comment

Brian,

plesse, a reported post should really have a solid basis for doing so and not an implied assumption of a possible critique or assumed insult. Sometimes it is wise to take a deep breath and give the person the benefit of the doubt.
                          I have better things to do than chase such post reports.

Thank you and Keep calm and Carry on!
                          Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                            Is this a Spain Cross converted to a Spanish Cross or a period done conversion??? Not the typical wear copy and at fifteen thousand pre commission start price, maybe something to think about before you run your Amex thru.
                            Wow, you don't see gold, 835-marked Deumer's very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
                              I thoroughly recommend you go to Affiliated Auctions at any time and search for Spanish Cross. The absolute best reference for the Spanish Cross, 24x7.
                              Are you referring to Affiliated Auctions in Tallahassee Florida?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X