Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KVK I with swords, 43 Bauer

Hello everyone!

Here a KVK I with swords, marked 43 on the pin. You won't believe it, but I have owned this cross for 3 years and only yesterday, taking the pics, I noticed there are some numbers painted on the back center, quite difficult to see under light if not with a proper angulation. I see an 8 or a 9, and maybe a 3, a slash /...I dont know how many numbers.

Could it be the date when the soldier was awarded? His military ID number?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Methius View Post
    Hello everyone!

Here a KVK I with swords, marked 43 on the pin. You won't believe it, but I have owned this cross for 3 years and only yesterday, taking the pics, I noticed there are some numbers painted on the back center, quite difficult to see under light if not with a proper angulation. I see an 8 or a 9, and maybe a 3, a slash /...I dont know how many numbers.

Could it be the date when the soldier was awarded? His military ID number?
    Without knowing exactly what numbers or other symbols are present, it could be any number of things. Could be a date, a feldpost/unit number, could've been a cataloguing number from a previous collector. Impossible to say at this point.

Best
    H
    Nice cross though! 👍
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X