JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knight's Cross possibility - is it real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Cross possibility - is it real?

I just bought this medal from a fellow who advertised it as an Iron Cross. Is it real?
    Attached Files

trash

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Cross

I am not ready to give up on this one. Is it cast or 3 piece, is important here.

Could this be a original K&Q KC cleaned in acid

Or maybe fire damaged?

BR
        Nicolai
        Last edited by tystgaard; 05-11-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

It is three-piece, with magnetic center. But the frame and ribbon clip are not magnetic. The seam on the frame is visible in my photograph.

Comment

Yes

Think you might be really lucky here. I would say original - probably been in a fire.

But see what others say.

BR
            Nicolai

Originally posted by honest abe View Post
            It is three-piece, with magnetic center. But the frame and ribbon clip are not magnetic. The seam on the frame is visible in my photograph.

Comment

Klein & Quenzer

Klein & Quenzer
              From the pics a early type with no flaw 11 o.Clock. With a 65 MM loop.

Comment

it looks like made of a paper. if this one is good, than I am very surprised but good for you.

Comment

Original K&Q, but what happened?

It sounds like the guy sold you an "iron cross" without the knowledge that it was a Knight's Cross.

Though you don't have to disclose it honest abe, how much did it cost?

Comment

My first impression was original but fire damaged, glad others are thinking the same. Question what to do, leave as found or attempt to clean. Its up to the owner but I think I would leave as is. TPK

Comment

The frame would clean As per the beading, but I’d leave the iron core. It would be a restoration if the frame was cleaned. As long as the silver is okay underneath you could just leave it. Incredible.

Comment

It looks like a good K&Q that have been in fire or in bad storage.

Andy

Comment

Cross

Personally I would leave it as it is. Its some how cool, and would not mind it in my collection. The fire damage is part of the cross history. It can always be restored, no hurry. It could possible be battle damage.
                          Plane crash, bombings. But with out info on how it was found impossible to know. Could also be a house fire in modern time.

Comment

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
                            Personally I would leave it as it is. Its some how cool, and would not mind it in my collection. The fire damage is part of the cross history. It can always be restored, no hurry. It could possible be battle damage.
                            Plane crash, bombings. But with out info on how it was found impossible to know. Could also be a house fire in modern time.
                            I fully agree, do not clean. At least, wait for a year and decide then
                            Regards,
                            Mats

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X