Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deschler RK des KVK w/o Swords, Opinions

Hello everyone,

A fellow member and a friend of mine previously posted this cross on the forum for me when I did not have access to the internet.

I still have a chance to purchase this cross, and I inspected it more in person today. From the feel, the cross is certainly very well made. From searching on this forum, it seems to match the details of the cross that started the below listed thread. The arms of the swastika align at the same points on both crosses, and its looks to me like the pebbling matches. I did not have a scale with me to weigh the cross.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...r+merit&page=4

Does anyone care to give this cross a second look? I want to make sure that it is indeed a reproduction before I pass on it. I am attaching some additional pictures of the obverse that I took today, as well as pictures of the maker mark.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Yes, it is a reproduction (or, better, fake, since it is marked to deceive).
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

It appears original to me in those pictures, what makes this one fake?

Comment

MM and silver stamp for me are the give away.

Gary B
        ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick W View Post
          It appears original to me in those pictures, what makes this one fake?
          The pebble pattern is not identical to a genuine Deschler.
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hello everyone,

A fellow member and a friend of mine previously posted this cross on the forum for me when I did not have access to the internet.

I still have a chance to purchase this cross, and I inspected it more in person today. From the feel, the cross is certainly very well made. From searching on this forum, it seems to match the details of the cross that started the below listed thread. The arms of the swastika align at the same points on both crosses, and its looks to me like the pebbling matches. I did not have a scale with me to weigh the cross.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...r+merit&page=4

Does anyone care to give this cross a second look? I want to make sure that it is indeed a reproduction before I pass on it. I am attaching some additional pictures of the obverse that I took today, as well as pictures of the maker mark.
            Here is a second pattern Deschler to compare, Dietrich Maerz has previously stated he believes that it looks as though there was a second pattern Deschler - but has yet to prove beyond doubt....

Cheers,
            Michael
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X