Opinion On Unmarked EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion On Unmarked EK1

Opinion on unmarked EK1 if it is original and if so what manufacturer could this be? Many thanks!
    Attached Files

IMO a postwar Souval piece

Comment

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post
      Hello Sir,

Is there any threads on the WAF pertaining to these Post War Souval EK1's that I can research? Is it the finish that makes it post war? Again many thanks.

Comment

I once wrote a post about pieces but unfortunately I can't find it (recently I lost a lot of data because my laptop is broken)
        Originally posted by horsetrainer View Post
        Hello Sir,

Is there any threads on the WAF pertaining to these Post War Souval EK1's that I can research? Is it the finish that makes it post war? Again many thanks.

Comment

Their is a pinned thread above. Called souval frame article.

Comment

Hello Guy,

Thank you! After reading the article the EK1 is original. The ones that are post war made with the souval frame are marked L15 on the pin. Mine is not marked.

Originally posted by Guy smith View Post
            Their is a pinned thread above. Called souval frame article.

Comment

Wait for more expertise.

I belive they made unmarked post war crosses.

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post
                I agree with Sanya

Comment

I did a search on the web and found many unmarked Rudolf Souval EK1's that are being sold as original on well known militaria sites.

Reading the thread the EK1 has these 2 pre 1945 characteristics.

"Many crosses with Souval frames has no markings at all" post #6

"Crosses that appears to be made pre 1945 with Souval frames can sometimes be found with this "dipping 3" post #10

Originally posted by Guy smith View Post
                  Wait for more expertise.

I belive they made unmarked post war crosses.

Guy

Comment

Originally posted by horsetrainer View Post
                    I did a search on the web and found many unmarked Rudolf Souval EK1's that are being sold as original on well known militaria sites.

Reading the thread the EK1 has these 2 pre 1945 characteristics.

"Many crosses with Souval frames has no markings at all" post #6

"Crosses that appears to be made pre 1945 with Souval frames can sometimes be found with this "dipping 3" post #10

Hi Drew I believe the pre 1945 have a dipping three . The post war ones don't . Cliff

Comment

Hey Cliff,

Yes I know that. It is mentioned in the in the Souval Frame Thread but are also on reproductions. Read Post #10 in the thread about the Knights Cross & post #11 the fake L15.

Originally posted by cobra-2001 View Post
                      Hi Drew I believe the pre 1945 have a dipping three . The post war ones don't . Cliff

Comment

Hi Drew
                        That is correct the KC that Souval made has a dipping three. And all of them are post war made. He never made any during the war . As far as the iron cross with the dipping three it could have had the pin replaced either during the war or even post war added. Souval made iron crosses after the war and he used what ever he had at the time to make these pieces. Also the floch made iron crosses are post war made and have a L15 on their pin also . Cliff

Comment

Do a search on the dipping 3 EK1, IMHO these are put together postwar. Based on my observation that no awarded pieces are known and no German vets had this example.

Comment

Post war souval, IMO.

Comment

It’s the overall finish that initially seems wrong/ stands out; the frame and beading is very shiny but the core is rusting. The finish on the reverse is far from uniform - especially the 12 o’clock arm. I think Mr Floch used a Souval style frame in his reproductions.
                              Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X