My eight Fritz Zimmermann EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My eight Fritz Zimmermann EK2

I have always appreciated the Zimmermann crosses, due to their massive still elegant appearence. Throught the yeras I have collected eight in my collection, sure to have well sorted the different frames and cores. However, given my still short experience and “eye”, the more I try to study the frames, the more i get confused, even reading some posts and updated literature.
    Maybe, the posting of compared pictures of my crosses can be a good chance - for me and other collectors as well – to better catch and focus the main features of these crosses.
    First the CORES: as far as I have understood, we have two cores: early type has fat numbers (resembling S&L); the later type, probably due to a rework of the dies, has slim numbers.
    According to this, my crosses are: early type: A to E; later type: F to H (provided that a mix of obverse and reverse might even occur).
    About the FRAMES, again there are two generations. But I haven’t unserstood how to exactly tell one from the other! Hence, I leave to more experienced eyes the judgement of the beadings and their wear. I just notice that B, C, F clearly show flaws on the lower beading under the date.
    Only the cross A is marked “6.“
    Experts are welcome, thanks a lot
    Attached Files

these pictures very small and not see the details

Comment

I split the pics in two groups according to the cores: I hope they are more easy to be watched.
      Attached Files

Comment

second group
        Attached Files

Comment

sorry ,but I not see different, have two main type ,Early ( thinner ) and the so called late type core variant

Comment

Thank you Sanya. But what do you think about the frames?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X