Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDO Cased EK2

Hello,
    Picked this up a while back and just getting around to posting it. I got Dietrich and Mario's EK2 book last week and thought I'd use this cross as my first to try to find the maker. Well, many hours later after going through every example I failed miserably. Not sure if this one is not in the book, but more likely I just failed to correctly identify it.

So, can y'all give me an opinion as to originality of the set and maker of the cross? Also, is it correct for this cross to be with this case or should it be an L marked cross? I ask because I have no provenance for this set and I have a couple of L marked EKs that would go with it really well.
    Thank you,
    Dale
    Attached Files

Is the case brown or black, from pics it looks brown. TPK

Comment

Or reddish brown. TPK

Comment

It looks brown to me, though not sure what caused the darker stripes in the outer part. On the inside of the lid where the outer covering folds over the edge it is more of a consistent brown.
        Dale

Comment

I'm thinking it was originally intended for a war merit cross then. TPK

Comment

usually for EKII are black type and "L" ( L/54, L/13, ecc.)

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

hí guys of course exist brown type LDO box too ,IMO a good original box ,but these items not related .
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to all for their help. So can anyone tell me the maker of the cross?

I'll try to dig out my LDO crosses and post them to see which one you think would be the best match.
                Dale

Comment

Anyone know the maker of this cross?
                  Thank you,
                  Dale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X