Knights Cross with Oak leaves and Swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross with Oak leaves and Swords

At my local military show today I displayed a bunch of my items and as a reward I got to take detailed photos of a lot of good stuff.
    This RK is one of them. I hope the photos aren't too big, I wanted people to see the detail of this award.

ED is the guy's initials.

Me with the RK

Comment

Way to go Tyler.
      Don
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Tyler, there's no good news with this set....

However, to look on the bright side you took such good shots that you now have a good reference to a repo L/12, Oaks&Swords and even the ribbon!
        Regards,
        Dave

Comment

That set is a repro...

Comment

Rk

Hello,
            That set is bad (you did take nice photos), and if I am not mistaken I think I saw that exact same RK and frame at the SOS a few years back.
            Jody

Comment

Hello Tyler.
              Thanks for sharing. Nice photos. Sadly though, the set is a reproduction. That cross can be bought here: www.nicholasmorigi.com

Cheers.
              Peter
              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 05-14-2005, 07:41 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Tyler, was that RK (sic) for sale?

What was the asking price and who was the seller?

Roy

Comment

If that set was for sale as original at the S.O.S. the seller should have been run out of town on rails.

Comment

The swords should not touch the RK if the O/S were genuine.

Comment

-

A very bad fake, I´m afraid. But now you know how they shall NOT look like and that´s always something!

Comment

Thanks a lot for all of the replies. It sucks to know that this was a fake though. I handled it so carefully, and now it's a fake. Well, atleast I have these really good photos to know what a fake looks like. This was fortunately not forsale, it was just for show. Hopefully some of the other stuff I post within the week will not be fakes.

Comment

Tyler, what's on the sewn-on label?

regards,
                          ben

Comment

Hello

Tyler,

I like the John Lennon quote more then I like this set. Those oaks are very bad, look at the quality of these, it's easy if you try.

Thanks.

William Kramer
                            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

I have never been to a militaria show. However, I am somewhat suprised that such a bad fake would be displayed with care and pride like an original piece. What do these guys say at shows when you point this out to them? I can say that most of the time I have examined m1 carbines, which is the only piece I know alot about, at gun shows, the guys are not that knowledgeable and usually do not mind knowing what they have for future reference. Do these guys care if they have a fake? Do they know? I would think that once informed, they would be embarassed to show the piece again. If unscrupulous, they would not care and would continue to display the piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X