Hey- they shrunk my Deschler wreath!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey- they shrunk my Deschler wreath!

Here is a side view of an early Deschler 6 rivet DKiG and a heavy four rivet Deschler DKiG. Note the marked difference in thickness of the wreath. The characteristics of the wreaths in a straight A-P view is identical.
    Attached Files

6 rivit Deschler? My 6 rivit DK's are either Godets or the unknown type with short pin with the Wernstein type hinge.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
      6 rivit Deschler? My 6 rivit DK's are either Godets or the unknown type with short pin with the Wernstein type hinge.

Bob Hritz

Bob- the early crosses with the short pins ARE Deschlers. They are unmarked, but the wreath is identical to the later heavy and light four rivet Deschlers. These pieces are shown on p.195 of Gordon's book. I had not noticed before that the 6 rivet piece has a thinner wreath than the two other four rivet Deschlers.

Godet of course, has six rivets as well, but a very different wreath, despite its outward similar appearance to the Deschler.

Bob- could you check the thickness of your 6 rivet Deschler compared to a four rivet Deschler? Thanks!
      Last edited by tom hansen; 05-14-2005, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X