Opinions wanted on RK and Oak Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm,
    I note that the oversized or ubergrosse Iron Crosses Second Class were of a very similar size to this one at 47.5mm.
    Peter

Comment

Look at the Details, look a the Construction. Compare them with known Examples what are real, and you will find nothing what is anywhere close to real. Would wish i can give you better News.

Originally posted by peterwyndavies View Post
      Thanks Bek and AntiqueWW2,
      When I put your comment into a translator, Bek, it seems you think that the Oak Leaves are Genuine. Evidently you and AntiqueWW2 are at odds in this respect.
      Does anyone else have an opinion. Looking up RK dimensions, this seems about 1.5 mm smaller than some that I have seen.
      Thanks,
      Peter
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Thanks Bek and AntiqueWW2,
        When I put your comment into a translator, Bek, it seems you think that the Oak Leaves are Genuine. Evidently you and AntiqueWW2 are at odds in this respect.
        Does anyone else have an opinion. Looking up RK dimensions, this seems about 1.5 mm smaller than some that I have seen.
        Thanks,
        Peter
        What Bek is saying is that they won't pass the test of criticism which means he too calls them fake.

Comment

That’s fine AntiqueWW2.
          I have not purchased the item yet, and indeed am unlikely to do so. I have handled hardly any of these and am on a learning curve. Thanks very much for your opinion.
          Peter

Comment

Hi Albert,
            Thanks for pointing that out to me. I wish I was a better linguist!
            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
              What Bek is saying is that they won't pass the test of criticism which means he too calls them fake.
              Thank You, Albert! I have a knight's cross with oaks in my collection. I spent a lot of time studying them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bek,
                Sorry about the mis understanding. Your Knight's Cross with Oaks looks great!
                Peter

Comment

Hi Bek,
                  Sorry about the mis understanding. Your Knight's Cross with Oaks looks great!
                  Peter
                  Thank You, Peter! This is an early Junker. Not silver frame and not magnetic core

Comment

Hi Bek,
                    Thanks for your reply. I am very unsure in the field of Knight’s Crosses, and didn’t know that they were not always made from silver. Could the non magnetic centre point to a Kriegsmarine award?
                    Peter

Comment

Hello, Peter. I don't think the non-magnetic center is connected to the Kriegsmarine

Comment

Hi Bek,
                        That’s ok you are probably right. It’s just that I remember reading somewhere that non magnetic centres of EK II’s were associated with the Kriegsmarine, but that might only have been an unstubstantiated opinion based on the fact that ferrous metals would tend to rust in a marine environment, so it was better to have centres that were non ferrous, and so non magnetic , in that situation.
                        Thanks,
                        Peter

Comment

Hi, Peter! This is just a theory. These are early crosses, as well as round 3. Maybe they will correct me. Later, the standard was introduced and the middle of the cross was made only of iron.

Comment

Could the cross that started this thread possibly be a sedlatzek? The swastika looks very similar to one. The original ring looks like it's had some sloppy file work.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X