L54 Screwback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L54 Screwback

Just got this today from a member. Has the L54 maker mark without the slash. Interesting date - very flat tops.

Hi Marc .. very juicy Here is one just like it out of that EK Guru's stock (George S ) ...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/iron...4/2/L_54_2.htm

Comment

Marc
      Look at the core paint. Is it resprayed/repainted or is that factory made ?

Cheers.
      Peter

Comment

I would say it´s repainted, beedings got paint on them as well.
        Regards
        Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
        I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

i don't think it was repainted. my L/54 scrweback also has this feature.

Comment

Peter,
            I do not see evidence of repainting - L54 often have paint up on the beading. THis is a much more common feature on EKs than people allow for and I think too big a deal is often made over some paint on the beading. Particularly on the corners around the swas. Overall condition of the EK also is fantastic, with frosting still evident. No signs of wear at all - this one was obviously never on a tunic. Reverse is pristine.
            Thanks,
            Marc

Comment

Marc,

Very nice! Looks fine to me and the date is flat on these just as your's shows.

Tim
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X