Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK 1 posthumous award document

Hi all,
    I came across this document, I know the're pretty rare, the only other comparisons I found were written in gothic font, the EK picture on top looks iffy, no unit mentioned...
    Any help appreciated, thank You!

EDIT: Very sorry for posting this in the Crosses forum! Silly mistake!

wrong category and suspicious document unless we have here something really rare. Adding that this guy is not mentioned in volksbund archive too.

Comment

I'm leaning towards fake.

best
      H
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Interesting document. I think I’ve only seen this version for LW recipients.

I don’t like the typeface and I don’t think the stamp matches.

I’m going by memory on these things right now but I don’t think this is an original document.

As an aside, the lack of VB entry really doesn’t carry much weight as so many soldiers are missing regardless of when and where they died and how their awards were processed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post

As an aside, the lack of VB entry really doesn’t carry much weight as so many soldiers are missing regardless of when and where they died and how their awards were processed.
          very true, but since document itself looks bad from paper to print, then its just the last nail into the coffin.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X