Unkown case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unkown case!

Larry, that´s the only "un-padded" officer badge I could find. Take a look and you should notice, that there are a lot of differences in compare with your badge.
    Last edited by Gerd W.; 12-28-2008, 05:15 AM.

Last edited by Gerd W.; 12-28-2008, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Gerd W.; 12-28-2008, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

A table medal of sorts at a guess, not really my thing perhaps a link into the political & tinnie forum would help ?

Can anyone help Gerd please ?

Comment

I took a look in the Detlev catalog, and there are several non portable awards that could fit in. Is it possible to put an object next to it, or a medal, that way we could messure the size a bit, because I have no idea...
            Anyhow, I like this box very much!
            Kind regards,
            Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Originally posted by Giel
              I took a look in the Detlev catalog, and there are several non portable awards that could fit in. Is it possible to put an object next to it, or a medal, that way we could messure the size a bit, because I have no idea...
              Anyhow, I like this box very much!
              Hi!

I put a wb next to it. Hope, that´ll help a little bit!

Comment

Good thinking Giel

Comment

And a little other question, you said there was no ring, but is there room in the case for a pin?
                  Kind regards,
                  Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

And a little other question, you said there was no ring, but is there room in the case for a pin?
                    Right, no space for a ring (IMHO), but for a little pin maybe. I worked hard with my lousy pictures........here the result

Comment

I would really love to help, but there are so so much possibilities, there are like more than 100 who would probably fit in
                      I think it would be nice if you take this case with you on fairs or something, and ask sellers their round portable awards, and fit them in, that way you might find out what was in there. You can also look on the forum after these awards and ask there mesurements...
                      I really wish I could help you more, because I really like this case
                      Kind regards,
                      Giel

Comment

I would really love to help, but there are so so much possibilities, there are like more than 100 who would probably fit in
                        I think it would be nice if you take this case with you on fairs or something, and ask sellers their round portable awards, and fit them in, that way you might find out what was in there. You can also look on the forum after these awards and ask there mesurements...
                        I really wish I could help you more, because I really like this case
                        Anyway, many thanks for your help I´ve no need for such a case here. So if you like it Gil, pay the post rate and I´ll send it to you for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Niedersachsen
                          Anyway, many thanks for your help I´ve no need for such a case here. So if you like it Gil, pay the post rate and I´ll send it to you for free!
                          That is just way too kind of you
                          I've send you a pm
                          Many thanks, I will search after the medal, or hope I will ever know what was in it.
                          Kind regards,
                          Giel

Comment

The cases for non portable medals are found in endless variations. I have pictured a green case with white silk lid lining and maroon base. The case holds an engraved (reverse) award for an artillery shooting in 1938.

If you carry the case, you will find non-portable awards that fir it properly. These are not usually expensive and are an underappreciated collectible.

Bob Hritz
                            Attached Files
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Verso showing medal and engraving.
                              Attached Files
                              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X