Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK envelope - does it exist?

Hello all,

I am just thinking, if there were all RK presented only in cases or there were even some envelopes? If so, please do not hesitate to post some pictures.

Thank you

I never have heard of such thing for a RK.

Comment

No they were never awarded in an envelope only cases. Tom

Comment

thank you guys! So not same as some other awards!

Comment

I agree with our colleagues deejay and Tom B.: The RK and higher decorations were intended to be presented formally and so the hard case was the only way to go.

And now that you mention it, I believe that both classes of the German Cross were intended to be formally presented, as well, so that a hard case would be received with each award.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            I agree with our colleagues deejay and Tom B.: The RK and higher decorations were intended to be presented formally and so the hard case was the only way to go.

And now that you mention it, I believe that both classes of the German Cross were intended to be formally presented, as well, so that a hard case would be received with each award.

Br. James
            sometime I see dkig sealed in a foil! So maybe those might be purchased solo

Comment

That does raise an associated question: How were the examples of the RK and the DK that were sold as 'additional copies for private purchase' presented? Were they sold in hard cases like the award copies or were they sold in paper packets? A good question...!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                That does raise an associated question: How were the examples of the RK and the DK that were sold as 'additional copies for private purchase' presented? Were they sold in hard cases like the award copies or were they sold in paper packets? A good question...!

Br. James
                Hi,

As far as I know all RK's and DK's where sold in hardshell cases and nothing else.

Comment

Both S&L and Deumer, in their catalogs, sell RK's. S&L mentions that its cross comes with "etui und band", while Deumer just mentions "etui". (Of course, Deumer's cross - perhaps a 3/4 ring - is sold for half the price of S&L's. )

Comment

so there should be more cases than RK but I feel it is vice versa

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X