Paul Meybauer Case for Bronze Clasp for Jäger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Meybauer Case for Bronze Clasp for Jäger

Well yet another item I've bought on the stand over the years which has been deemed fake. Any opinions welcome but not much expected. What I thought was at least a reasonably safe venue now seems to point out the fakes only when I try to sell them and was silent when I bought. I now realize no venue is safe and this has soured me enough to stop collecting and start selling (that is if anything I bought over the last 40 years turns out to be real). This hobby has turned from fun to crap.
    Richard V

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...75#post8147275

Hi Richard,

Seb is correct. Unfortunately, this is what the community calls the "lattice" fake case. The term is derived from the pattern/grain on the case cover.

Also I do not know of, or have ever seen, a clasp case being maker marked. This was done, IMO, to enhance the case's appearance, value and make it more believable.

Gary B
    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Thanks for he information Gary. Second thing I've listed now that turned out to be questionable. This one I actually bought of the e-stand several years ago. I have many areas of interest in my collecting endeavors but I have to say that each day that goes by I have less and less interest in German militaria and spend more energy and money on my other interests. Sad state for this hobby that people are now practically needing a PhD in what they collect to avoid getting screwed. As much as I enjoy history I could never recommend anyone get into this facet of collecting.
      Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X