Opening up old wounds.HAUFEN vrs HANFEN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening up old wounds.HAUFEN vrs HANFEN

Hi all i was wondering if there was ever a conclusion on the HANFEN vrs HAUFEN west wall packets. I have just recently bought one of the HAUFEN packets to compare with the other i have in my collection what i have noticed is as follows. HAUFEN is a shade more brownish in colour, lettering is thicker and less defined, the black flecks in the packet are more numerous, smells different, feels more paperish The mm at the back is weaker. Are these HAUFEN packets definate fakes, has anyone thought maybe both types are. Anyone one any conclusions

Hansen v Hausen These little buggers save been discussed many many times on here, and some of the advanced collectors even piped in including Pieter Vebruggen and Detlev too !

They incidently think they are ok. Personally I'm out this debate now, I've said my bit on them. I've sent several examples of the 'dubious' sort for examination and testing at a lab, that is to say not just the West Wall packets but KVK and Wound badge with the dubious spelling, packet and print.

We'll see what I come with in the very near future. It's still not late if any dealers wish to send me a sample of their examples I will get them tested at my own expense and return intact all the packets they send me with this maker on it, the dubious sort. Contact me via e mail at: marcushatton@yahoo.co.uk

We'll sort this problem out once and for all.

Kindest regards,

Marcus

Comment

Hi Marcus, cant wait . Must say now ive got both in my hands im a little suspicious. Would not be surprised if both turned out to be fake. All the best.

Comment

I have both which were purchased from Herr Niemann. The only difference that I can see is the spelling.

Regards ...

Comment

Hi Hagwalther, mine came from two different dealers and the differences in my two packets apart from the lettering and the quantity of black flecks are very slight but they are there. Will be very interesting to see what marcus uncovers on these. All the best

Comment

Yes, looking forward to more info on this too.

Regards ...

Originally posted by mrg
            Hi Hagwalther, mine came from two different dealers and the differences in my two packets apart from the lettering and the quantity of black flecks are very slight but they are there. Will be very interesting to see what marcus uncovers on these. All the best

Comment

My money's on hansen and while we are one the subject it would be nice to get a packeted WW with a real ribbon one day too.

Cheers,
              David.
              At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X