Silver WB LDO Case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver WB LDO Case?

Did the silver wound badge ever come in a black LDO case of similar design to the EK1???
    Marc

The case in question:

Comment

Hi Marc,

Yes they did exactly the same boxes......I mentioned this before a few times but well done for bringing it up and noticing the similarities

Basically without going into any depth, they are the same boxes (exactly) it would depend to a degree who the ' medal maker customer' was of the 'box maker'; to what hinge, catch and outer covering would embellish the box. That is there were several types of hinge, catch and outer covering and incuse design etc etc. Some award makers had there 'own' design almost with specific outer coverings special to them........I'm not keeping this simple am I.

Okay, the box for the wound badge in the guise above for instance would be used for KVK, EK, Ostvolk and one or two other awards. Now then, the only difference between the afore mentioned boxed awards and the WB (keeping it basic) is the BASE, the same base for a WB could not be used for the KVK, EK etc. And also for screw back awards too, the only difference again, being the base.

And thats about it, the boxes were premade bare of outer covering as were the bases.........to an extent that is, they also had stock piles of premade boxes and bases ready to go, black or white (other colours exist), and indeed later they produced cardboard WB boxes (well, at and around the same as these in fact.......I can't define a cross over because versions of both were made parallel to each other, which leads into some area's of the late war ver early as me going against the 'accepeted' grain) These cardboard boxes to would also carry the same base as the wooden constructed boxes (again, for the purpose of this thread.....keeping it basic and devoid of a few facts)

I hope this helps and I haven't waffled a load of crap, anyway just to be safe lets see the box in some more detail if possible. This one you can tell is late war from the pic so far, in respect to it being devoid of a catch........not because of shortages or the war effort as thought of, but purely a money saver (from the medal maker's fund view).......it's as simple and as logical as that.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Thanks for the help!
        Marc

Comment

Marc

That is awsome information. I did not know that myself and was looking at purchasing one of a site but was unsure of the case, it was the same as above, should have brought it hey.

Comment

This is why I thought it would be a good idea to have a 'box & packet' forum.....give it a few weeks and this info will be lost or difficult to attain via a search.

This is a old subject the boxes & packets and they are part and parcel as much as the awards, a seperate forum on them would be an advantage to all us collectors on every apsect of the award packageing. No-one has really breached the subject in depth before......and as time goes on the more and more information I'm attaining is just divided around the forum........we need an area we can discuss these and consolidate the findings etc An article can only go so far, and would be pages long.

Vote if you haven't already on the Association Members forum for a box & packet forum to be in conjunction with the medal, award forums.

Kind regards,

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X