Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDO Case

Hi Guys,

Could someone please tell me how much an LDO case for an EK1 is worth...like this one that Detlev had for sale today.
    Attached Files

Hi,

It depends, for example this one you showed is a very nice case.

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

A case as shown here is worth between 100 and 150 euros. If it looks like the one sold by Detlev I think it is probably worth 150 euros.

Pascal

Comment

Hello Gentlmen,

I prefer the domed cases rather than the flat top cases. I would also say that LDO cases without the siloutte of the swaz are less desirable, more in that $100.00- $125.00 range.

Best,
        JD
        What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Agree with Joe, about £60-65 for a good one, I do not rate these as highly as any of the ones with a cross on the lid. An early flat top one is very nice!

Regards,

Neil

Comment

So, the LDO cases don't have the tiypical silouette of the cross?
            Doc

Comment

This is an old thread and is based on opinion's/preferance than facts and incorrect as it goes in my opinion, don't be mislead by the content.

There for a start is no typical motif of a cross, there are several attributes to define such motif's when lookig into cases into some detail. Whats typiclal it's got four arms...thats about it.

Such an exact (and I mean exact not every half case is as hard to attain....and even then you have to look at the exact make-up) latter war period case with this type of lining, is in fact more harder to attain (less of them around, in collections and for sale) than a flat topped or domed shape lid......and then which ones are we talking about, incuse lines, rounded corners, hinge and catch types etc........a multitiude of many things.

Early cases with the Ldo logo on the outer top of the lid are far more harder to attian and less in 'circulation' than flat or domed sorts with a cross on top, thats fact not personal preferance.

You do rarely come across the seldom found cross motif on the case lid and Ldo printed liner (not the little stamps)........as a rule though Ldo cases don't have motif's as bases as do the case can accomodate limited other awards......without going into detail of course.

Not just Ldo marked cases were sold in retail outlets, some could have little ink stamps on or nothing at all - thats not opinion but documented fact too.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X