Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red EK 2. case, opinions please....

Hello,

what do you think about this EK case? I think it´s a good one but for an KvK 2nd class.

Have there been red cases for EK 2 too, or only the black ones?

thanks,

Mathias

you might find this link useful. i would also suggest you post it on the cases forum. something similar was posted recently and i cant find the link. ill pm with more info.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=ek+case

Comment

It could be the photo, but the fit looks a bit tight for the EK; and if it's tight for an EK, it will be worse for a KVK.

Scott

Comment

IMO not for an EK2...but its a nice box though......

depending on price, but worth buying it.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

and please take a look at this pics. I got the collection today and all the cases are red.

I´m sure that all the badges and cases are original but are the red ones only for KvKs???

Or maybe for EKs too?

Mathias

Comment

In my opinion for an EK 2 certainly, the red base one is synonymous with the KVK 2, but not always the case: most of the time encountered it is so.

Deumer mark their bases sometimes on these which does aid in whats what and on the very very rare occasion the red base has been found with the EK stamp (same thing as the black base EK and white EK box thing really, with the exception 'perhaps' of one maker there was no intention for ther 'change' concerning the award, but some other reason unknown and never to be known - we make a meal out of it, but I think it's really of no consequence overall really)

As for the size of the recess, I'm not overly concerned when the odd EK 2 dosen't fit, find one that does, as more than half the time the crosses are never original to the case when they do fit anyway.

They do fake these cases also, so beware of that too.

Comment

Hi Mathias!

The cases on the right side are both only for KVKs. The other ones are all for Iron Crosses.
              There are many variants of EK Cases but only one for the KVK 2nd class.

Here is my LDO KVK set for comparison.

BTW: Outstanding find Mathias

Regards
              Andreas

Last edited by Paratrooper; 05-01-2007, 12:50 PM. Reason: Removing spelling errors

Comment

Pictures from all sides of the case.

Comment

Thanks Guys.........................

I´ll offer the badges on e-stand on friday or saturday together with other very good medals.

Mathias

Comment

very nice and fine cases....
                    I like them a lot..

heres mine cased KVK with veteran inscription (or maybe a collectors one, I dont know)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X