Carton of Issue for an EK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carton of Issue for an EK1

Why do some of the cardboard containers that iron crosses were shipped in come with a read stamp across the bottom, and others don't?

Can you post a picture of the read stamp?

Allan
    Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
    Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Link View Post
      Why do some of the cardboard containers that iron crosses were shipped in come with a read stamp across the bottom, and others don't?

Hi Nicholas,

I don't understand what you mean ? Can you elaborate or show a pic please.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Comment

Ek Cartons

My Sincerest Appologies, Gentlemen. I See That The First Thing The I Need To Do Is To Learn How To Spell Or Proofread. I Meant "red" Stamp, As In A Red Color. They Also Have Black Marking On Them. They Looks Like Some Sort Of Official Seals On The Cardboard Carton, To Show That They've Never Been Opened. I've Seen Pictures Of These Cartons With Seals In "the Iron Time", But The One I Own Has No Seal On It, Nor Does It Apprear To Have Ever Had One. I Don't Have Ready Access To A Scanner, But If Necessary, I Can Have Photos Posted In A Few Days.

Best Regards,

Nick Link

Comment

Nick,

A scan wouldbe great.

In the meantime here are some of my cartons, not one has a red sealon it though

Allan
            Attached Files

Comment

Show off

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Link View Post
                My Sincerest Appologies, Gentlemen. I See That The First Thing The I Need To Do Is To Learn How To Spell Or Proofread. I Meant "red" Stamp, As In A Red Color. They Also Have Black Marking On Them. They Looks Like Some Sort Of Official Seals On The Cardboard Carton, To Show That They've Never Been Opened. I've Seen Pictures Of These Cartons With Seals In "the Iron Time", But The One I Own Has No Seal On It, Nor Does It Apprear To Have Ever Had One. I Don't Have Ready Access To A Scanner, But If Necessary, I Can Have Photos Posted In A Few Days.

Best Regards,

Nick Link
                Do you mean WW1 Imperial Iron Cross cartons?...a lot of those had the red seal.

Comment

Arh Nick, I'm with you now - yes, the red paper seal !! This was from the Royal Prussian General Orders Commission - I guess you could stretch the idea of it being a modern day 'warrenty' seal of approval in a sense.

This indeed would be the Imperial sort of outer carton and the very same Imperial outer cartons without seals are considered to be post the first war, early 1920's or the decade of so to speak.

The Imperial guys would be perhaps able to advance or even correct what I say with a more informed response though.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B View Post
                    Show off

He is such a tart ! Well, I guess if you've got it though, flaunt it eh !!!!

(No Juncker yet though Pilchy - about the only sole bloody thing I have on you isn't it )

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton View Post
                      He is such a tart ! Well, I guess if you've got it though, flaunt it eh !!!!

(No Juncker yet though Pilchy - about the only sole bloody thing I have on you isn't it )
                      I've offered you my children, my wife, and cash for that Juncker.

One day mate, please!!!

Comment

Uuuum, I'll tell you what Al, you take my wife and kiddies and it's a deal mate - you can have the carton for free !!!!!

Joke, of course like I'd let my carton go eh !!! Perish that thought !

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton View Post
                          Arh Nick, I'm with you now - yes, the red paper seal !! This was from the Royal Prussian General Orders Commission - I guess you could stretch the idea of it being a modern day 'warrenty' seal of approval in a sense.

This indeed would be the Imperial sort of outer carton and the very same Imperial outer cartons without seals are considered to be post the first war, early 1920's or the decade of so to speak.

The Imperial guys would be perhaps able to advance or even correct what I say with a more informed response though.

Kr

Marcus

Thank you, Marcus. I was wondering if it had something to do with the fact that my cross was a privatly purchased item, but what you say makes perfect sense.

Best Regards,

Nick Link
                          Grafton,ND

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X