Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 & DKiG Cases - OK for E-Stand?

Hi Guys

I know this thread could equally well go on the cases and packets forum but I think the hit rate is better here for EK and DKiG - hope I'm forgiven! I want to refine my collecting, so I'm selling off a number of cases and packets. Before they go to the e-stand I'd very much appreciate the thumbs up on these two - the RK-style case for an EK2 and a case for the DKiG (this one came with a text-book light Zimmermann in it). I'd also appreciate ideas on 'fair values' - I need all the money I can get but want to be reasonable. Thanks for the help.

best wishes
    Tim O.

first the DKiG exterior and interior
    Attached Files

detail of a hinge
    Attached Files

Comment

detail of press stud
      Attached Files

Comment

and the interior and exterior of the EK2 case
        Attached Files

Comment

detail of EK2 case hinge
          Attached Files

Comment

detail of EK2 case press stud
            Attached Files

Comment

EK2 case press stud inside
              Attached Files

Comment

The EK2 case is 101% fake without a doubt, the DK can you show me a pic of the catch please and whats the base made of - peel back a bit of the velour covering please near the slit and take a peek.

Comment

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the help. That's the second case from a certain dealer in Northampton that was sold to me with a good award in it but has turned out wrong!

Here is the catch on the DKiG case in close up.

Tim O.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Marcus

I can't get at the base of the case as the cushion is firmly fixed and I don't want to force it. The tape under the slit is also firmly fixed.

regards
                    Tim O.

Comment

The Old Brigade !! My exact fake EK2 case like yours came from there a few years ago !!!!

Mate so sorry I have to nip out now (in a rush !!), contact Ivan and Allan - I'll get back to you though.

Comment

Tim
                        The materials in the DKG case appears in these photos to be the same as in the EK2 case.

Peter

Comment

Thanks to those who have responded so far.

Looking at the case afresh, I am now wondering if the gold band round the lid is a problem - should it be around the top edge rather than the bottom one? Never occurred to me before that there could be a problem with the case, as the DKiG that came in it has all the right Zimmermann indicators. I shall be a very unhappy bunny if this is wrong, as it was intended to help fund a big purchase. At least the DK alone is now worth as much as I paid for the award and case. If it is wrong I'm afraid it is another black mark against a UK dealer many Forum Members have indicated should be avoided (I got this several years ago).

I would really appreciate more expert help on this, as it is a lot of money to lose!

best wishes
                          Tim O.

Comment

Tim
                            Look at the hinge on both cases. On both of them on top of the hinge i can see brown lines running over the surface. Around the hinge i can see white material sticking out in the same fashion on both cases.

I know that a company called Muller made good quality cases and sold them as reproductions to collectors. I do not know if they are still around.

Peter
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your efforts Peter - two for the bin unfortunately!!!!!

best wishes
                              Tim O.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X