Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Attached Files
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Allan,
        I saw this case for sale but passed on it, I just had a gut feeling. Now that you have posted the photos I have to say I think I was right to pass..
        I think the cross rest slot is 'shallow' and I must confess I don't like circular depressions in the middle cross inserts. The scuffing to the edges of the outside of the case looks excessive and a bit 'forced' as does the burn mark.

Comment

I must admit that I returned the case as when I had it 'in the hand' and after being able to spend a few days looking at it there were a number of things about the case I wasn't happy about.

To be honest I was happy with the exterior of the case, it was all about the inside!!!

Never mind, we live and learn!!

Allan
          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
          Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Allan, you had intimated that you had received some 'positive' comments regarding the case. Frankly, I couldn't come up with any but am left wondering what they were.

It would make for interesting discussion to sort of define these points and why they were considered a 'positive'!
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

From the pics it still is a good looker. Allan, please describe the reg-flag details you saw in the flesh.

Thanks,
              Albert

Comment

The first thing that concerned me was the inside of the top of the case.

See where the bottom of the white lining has come away form the inside, possibibly taken apart?
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's another shot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was also worrid about the white paper lining running around the base of the case. Too new, looked like it had only recently been installed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Another angle.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I personally do not doubt the existance of the LDO RK case. Why shouldn't there be one? Plenty of LDO marked EK1 & EK11 cases around.

As I said above, I thought the exterior of the case was OK, and as far as I could tell not artifically aged at all.

The LDO logo looked good too I thought.

But I wasn't 100% sure and without examples to make a comparison,and with the particular points I mentioned above, it had to go back.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X