Strange RK case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange RK case

Heres a case I havent come across before,maybe someone else has and can help to identify it.
    The recess for the cross is positioned almost centraly.This appears to be,so that when the cross with its ribbon and ties are taken off they and the loop pop straight into the ribbon compartment,so avoiding any problem with closing the lid.
    Regards Franco
    Attached Files

overview
    Attached Files

Comment

Underview
      Attached Files

Comment

Sideview
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Franco, although there are people in this forum that might know about cases, you should post this on Cases and Packets Forum
          Maybe a moderator can move it

Comment

Can the case be taken apart at all?
            George

Comment

Hi,
              The case parts are firmly stuck together and I would not attempt to separate them.
              And Tiger,I take your point,but RK cases are of special interest to regulars of this forum rather than Packets & Cases.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Franco View Post
                Hi,
                The case parts are firmly stuck together and I would not attempt to separate them.
                And Tiger,I take your point,but RK cases are of special interest to regulars of this forum rather than Packets & Cases.
                Cheers
                Yeah, im just saying, to facilitate future forum searchs

Comment

Appears to be R.Souval

Comment

Similar except for the latch to the one containing Hajo Hermanns KC and Oaks on page 63 of volume II "World War II German War Booty" by Tom Johnson. I saw a similar containing a Lazy 2 Cross with Oaks years ago as well and it was not a Souval cross as they have been well known to the hobby for years. I dont remember the latch on the one I saw.

Comment

Is the section for the ribbon wide enough to fit the RK ribbon?

Allan
                      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Allan,
                        The compartment easily accomodates the 45mm wide ribbon.
                        Cheers

Comment

I'd like this thread moved please to the more appropiate forum where ALL the other RK case threads are.

If you take a picture of the catch form an eye level persepective showing the part that enters the lid it may give me a clue in addition to my thoughts already.

Souval - I wasn't aware they had boxes made in a totally different guise ????

Comment

"I'd like this thread moved please to the more appropiate forum where ALL the other RK case threads are."

You got it!
                            George

Comment

Franco
                              I have seen these cases before. I have a similar one in my collection. My case has a "flip" lock istead of a press button. It is configured the same way as yours with cross sitting high up. Same course/large pattern leatherette covering. My case is a modern reprocase padded with foam in the lid that is covered with UV glowing material. Wellmade but still modern repro. I think the wellknown Muller have made my case. Your one looks a bit better than my one and is probably an early "Muller".

Happy New Year
                              Peter
                              Last edited by Peter Wiking; 12-30-2006, 12:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X