Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cased EKII.

Hello Guy's,
    I would like to ask you for your opinions on this one i am offered, cross is mm 100 but i have not seen this style of case before, what do you all think?
    Regards.
    Col.
    Attached Files

out of case
    Attached Files

Comment

catch detail.
      Attached Files

Comment

hinge detail
        Attached Files

Comment

and case lid,
          thanks for any input.
          Col.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sparks,

This is an oblate head, thick stem fake catch (with the beak on the head of the catch) as is the case a total fake. This outer covering is typical of a series run of fakes in the EK family.......EK1 & 2 cases and spange cases.

They were made in the UK.

I own an actual case like this and the spange fake too. Just to affirm any doubts you may have in my opinion. But I assure you it is fake.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Also to identify these I call the lid liner the 'Yank liner' as it reminds me of the American wooden and aluminium constructed hard WW2 cases liner with the sunken border frame and filled/padded middle portion. Behind the liner is a convincing array of padding too.

This case is a reproduction of the rare smaller EK2 version of the RK case.

99% of the time you blacklight the base area the border will glow, this can be encountered in material or cardboard.

You'll also have a circular dip in the central part of the EK recess, in addition the cross may not as well as it could and it better fits a Schinkle really or Imperial sorts.

I could be mistaken but I think these are attributed to earlier Tony Yeomans cases for collectors.

('Yank Liner', my own personal informal diction there, no offense intended to my Cousins)

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
                ('Yank Liner', my own personal informal diction there, no offense intended to my Cousins)
                You mean "Yank Liner" as in "yank it out to have a look" right?

Skip
                LOOKING FOR ALL ITEMS CONNECTED TO HERBERT SCHOB.

Comment

No hehehehe

The thing is people remeber my silly definitions for things (those conversant in English and those not so......and why complicate things, although the 'apex' 'broad stem' lark etc still needs to be popped in a thread and explained again really) I should note it really applies to these EK2 cases the Yank Liner.

We have exceptions of course the 14-18 Honour Cross liner, latter war vacuum style liners were they are sealed to the base of the lid via glue but have a border and are not padded of course.

There's the odd other too, but beware or cautious of EK 2 cases with such liners as a guide. Note the outer covering on these also.

Comment

Thanks for your help Marcus.
                    Regards.
                    Col.

Comment

Your more than welcome Col.

Here's some rough shots of mine also. I'll take some better ones and stick them in the fakes forum for us all.

FAKE CASE

'Yank Liner', the border around the filled portion of the lid liner looks similar to American hard cases of the WW2 era. It is to all intents a very well constructed case and the base very well made too.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by MH184; 07-11-2006, 12:29 PM.

Comment

The lower portion/ base.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Note the circualr recess with the cross recess, not altogether indicative of all fakes, as indeed the RK KVK case has one of these on purpose to encompass the protruding date wreath.

But for this example it's another pointer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X