A fake Assmann packet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fake Assmann packet?

That one sure look weird. Its that original?
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MakeTrack=true

This guy again, yep I saw these this morning and all the other paper packets IAB, U Boat etc for sale he has.....they are all fake, this one you picture above is also a FAKE.

They do these in two styles, a small one and this size, then in the waxy paper and modern cellophane; totally bogus and they've been sold on the prolific dealer sites too !!!

I also saw this sale on e bay: item # 6576264669, where this seller is stateing the FAKE EK2 packet he has is French made, like those made for the Kreigsmarine and Luft. That is just utter BS and beyond contempt.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

They also come with a black wound badge.

These have been on ebay for years.

Allan
      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Thanks for your help Allan

Comment

Hi Marcus. I'm the high bidder on the item you've mentioned here (# 6576264669) and wondered if you were talking about the medal itself or just the envelope. The seller says both are authentic. Can you help?

David

Comment

Hi David,

Just the packet from the pictures I can't tell on the medal, and that would be best looked by the EK guys on the 'Crosses Forum' of this site.

David, packets of this description were not made by the French for Luft and Kreigsmarine awards, they chose the two most unlikey branches of the armed forces to have their awards packeted (certainly restricted and for the examples I own and have seen, I've never seen these 'French ones' nor have I come across any evidence in my research to even suggest French made, I'm wrtting abook on the very subject !!) anyway for one very fundamantal reason for a start.

Mourgeon in Paris made a range of naval awards, but even they have all been found to have a specific cardboard carton. There's some contention to whether they even made them in the period or even if they were issued. But thats besides the point.

I can't tell you on the Iron Cross I'm afraid but the packet, is indeed fake and a good fake, but very common !!!

I have heard the stories of these eminatiing from a French dealer etc etc, which now has been elaborated on, but 15 years ago they came from an Austrian hoard, and inbetween there have been other fabricated stories.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Obverse of the same FAKE sold on e bay. The reverse also has the trait of the left ahnd fold to match.

This designation although fair and good is incorrect, the paper again is excellent and has fooled dealer and collector alike, including myself once, i still have the two of them.

I had mine and several others for comparison ink and paper date tested here in the UK, they were found not to be of the desired period we collect for.
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X